Authored onWednesday, 23 February, 2022 - 1:51 AM
Junior, Mid or Senior Level
Blowfish Studios is expanding and we're seeking a talented Blueprint Programmer to join the team! You can look forward to working with an amazing team of talented professionals, gaining professional experience in game development, releasing games on multiple platforms and working on amazing projects!
The ideal candidate will have experience in the video game industry, or an accompanying field, worked in a team environment, able to self-manage tasks, and is passionate about video games!
You will be involved with many aspects of the game making process, from implementing designs and systems, and building tools in the Unreal Editor, to implementing game features.
We are keen to find someone who wants to grow their career, expand their skill set, and is ready to bring their A-game! If that's you, hit us up!
COVID-19 - While the majority of the studio is located in Sydney and working from home, remote positions will be considered depending on the applicant.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Deep knowledge of Unreal Blueprints and various classes used by Unreal
- Very strong knowledge of UE4 / 5
- Ability to work in a team, and to incorporate feedback from peers
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with team members of different departments
- Must be detail oriented and able to handle multiple projects under pressure
- Passion for video games and good knowledge of different game genres across all platforms
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Great problem solving skills
- Positive attitude and a genuine team player
- Ability to take direction well
- Share knowledge and be open to learning from others
- Implement designed systems, features and gameplay into Unreal Engine projects using Unreal Blueprints
- Implement dynamic events and gameplay into levels using Unreal Blueprints
- Develop user friendly editor tools for other disciplines to use
- Working on multiple Unreal Engine projects to release games on all supported gaming platforms
- Liaise with designers, artists, animators and programmers to create compelling content
- Provide clear and detailed reports of bugs to other teams
- Playtest often and bug fix your implemented solutions
- Assist the broader team with general bug fixing reported by other departments
Nice to Have
- A good understanding of Unreals AI system
- A good understanding of network replication and implementation
- A good understanding of Chaos physics
- Full-time: Yes
- Salary: DOE
- Required Spoken Language(s): English
- Location: Sydney - (Remote positions depending on the applicant.)
- Relocation: No
We are an Award-Winning Developer & Publisher of interactive entertainment based in Sydney, Australia. Founded in 2008 by industry veterans and led to this day by its founders. We distinguish ourselves by creating innovative and engaging games that push the latest technologies in tomorrow's next-gen gaming platforms. We are excited to be part of Animoca Brands, the leader in digital entertainment, blockchain, and gamification.
How to Apply
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Send an up-to-date resume/CV, links to your most recent work/portfolio (Artstation, GitHub, etc.) and other supporting material & specify the position/role you are applying for.
This position requires you to be legally permitted to work in Australia.