Authored onWednesday, 20 April, 2022 - 5:09 PM
We are seeking a programmer to join us in supporting and improving our adaptive audio engine: FMOD Studio. This is a full time/permanent position based in Melbourne, Australia. WFO/WFH available.
In this role, you will begin by joining our frontline support team and then be mentored through our tech stack on the way to becoming a full time programming contributor on our tools and run-time code that extend the creative possibilities for game developers worldwide. You will be required to communicate with game developers and help them with their problems, work up repro cases and present them to our dev team, all the while building your domain knowledge of FMOD until you can help us maintain existing functionality, add features, debug faults, and improve the overall stability and performance of FMOD Studio.
What we are looking for:
- Strong knowledge of C++ and/or C#.
- Great refactoring, code maintenance and comprehension skills.
- An understanding of the debugging and optimization process.
- Ability to work independently, learn, adapt, and be self-motivated.
- 2+ years professional programming experience.
Additional skills that will help you stand out:
- Strong writing, documentation, and communication skills.
- UI/UX sensibilities.
- Game development experience (Unity/Unreal) and/or experience with audio technology.
- Mobile or Game Console development experience.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.