Authored byLiam Esler
Authored onThursday, 23 June, 2022 - 9:20 AM
Join an independent games studio helmed by world-class developers and exciting newcomers!
Summerfall Studios is looking for an early-career Junior Producer who is eager to grow and gain experience in a studio environment, working and training under an experienced games producer, to work on Stray Gods and other Summerfall projects.
We are passionate about finding and nurturing the right talent, and we encourage underrepresented candidates to apply. Perspective and life experience are valuable and important to us. We are a team diverse on a number of axes and are excited to explore and expand to make amazing games that convey deep stories and unique experiences together.
This role is a full-time 12 month contract located in Melbourne, Australia. It is open to those who have been residents of the state of Victoria for 6+ months, and who can live and work in Australia.
This is an in-studio role that will require the successful candidate to be on-site, but we have very flexible work policies and are happy for you to work from home part-time, if that is the preference.
The remuneration for this position is $50-55k AUD package based on experience.
This opportunity is supported by VicScreen.
- Work with the Producer to create and maintain project reporting
- Assist with managing and coordinating production schedules
- Occasional management of production ceremonies (ie daily stand-ups/retrospectives etc).
- Data and art asset management and reporting
- Assist the cinematics team where necessary with polish and implementation of content
- Help to manage the QA pipeline leading towards launch
- Assist the development team to meet their goals without overwork
- An understanding of Project Management methodologies (Agile/Waterfall etc)
- Deep attention to detail, able to spot minor discrepancies a mile away
- Experience working with spreadsheets at more than a basic level
- Demonstrated experience collaborating in a team environment
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently
- Strong organisational skills
- Demonstrated experience working in teams using Agile, Scrum, or Waterfall methodologies
- Previous experience with mixed in-house/remote development
- Experience in QA
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, Miro, Asana, and/or Unreal Engine
- An eagerness to learn new skills and techniques
Culture & Benefits
- Work with a world-class team to create exciting and innovative new narrative-driven games
- Flexible hours and work policies
- Growth opportunities, mentoring, and support
- A focus on work-life balance and a commitment to minimising any overwork
- Generous leave policies, and an environment where you’re encouraged to take it!
Even if you don’t meet all the criteria, we encourage you to apply as we offer lots of learning and development. We are open to talk to applicants from other industries with equivalent experience as well. We are particularly welcoming of diverse applicants, but are interested in anyone and everyone who feels they would be a valuable addition to our team.
To apply, visit our website at http://www.summerfallstudios.com/careers