Authored byThings For Humans
Authored onFriday, 24 June, 2022 - 12:44 AM
ABOUT THINGS FOR HUMANS:
Things For Humans is a pop-music game studio based in Melbourne. In 2021 we released the award-winning title Video World on PC and Nintendo Switch, and are currently working on our second commercial title A Halloween Valentine - a comedic, pop-song puzzle adventure set on a haunted Valentine's Day. We have received substantial development funding and are seeking a passionate and professional collaborator for the project.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK FOR US:
We have a full salaried 4-day work week (i.e. paid at full-time wages still with 4 weeks annual leave per annum, but only 30.4 hours of work a week!), we approach game development as a structured, healthy, and safe professional passion, and work in a gorgeous co-working space (ACMI X) among other screen-industry folks. We are open to part-time and other flexible working conditions and heavily encourage creativity and growth.
We heavily encourage everyone with interest to apply - even if you don't think you meet the requirements! We care about creativity, collaboration, and continued growth.
- Implement new features into the game
- Adjust and optimise existing features
- Collaborate with Creative Director on design decisions
- Take ownership of and plan code architecture and implementation
- Playtest and track bugs
- Communicate with other team members and the QA team
- Other related tasks as directed
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Computer Science or similar degree (i.e. Game Design) or equivalent work experience
- Professional experience in game development or similar programming roles
- Experience working in a team
- Music/rhythm game development
- Familiarity with FMOD Unity implementation
- Nintendo Switch and/or other Console development
- Experience using source control (preferably GitHub)
- Experience working with a small team (<5 people)
- Advanced Unity/C# development skills
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Ability to plan systems/architecture
- Excellent ability to motivate self and manage own time
- CONTRACT: Full-Time fixed term.
- LOCATION: ACMI X, Southbank (Victoria, Australia)
- RELOCATION AVAILABLE: No
- REMOTE WORK POLICY: Available on-site, remote, or hybrid.
HOW TO APPLY: Please email a short cover letter (1 page or less), resume, and portfolio (i.e. website, video etc.) to email@example.com with the subject ‘Unity Developer Application’.