Authored byDigital Lode
Authored onFriday, 22 July, 2022 - 4:46 PM
We are a VR action game development success story. We’re passionate about immersive media, and focused on creating our own original games that push the medium forward! A year ago, we had 10 staff. Now we have 24. Within 18-24 months we expect to have 40 staff.
But not just any staff… Our staff are gifted software game developers and digital artists creating cutting edge virtual reality games published by Meta (Facebook) and other world best publishers such as Tripwire Interactive. And our staff are fundamental to our vision of growth.
Our first game ‘Espire 1: VR Operative’, an epic VR stealth action game, was an overnight worldwide success on the Oculus VR (virtual reality) headset ‘Quest 2’ (via our partnership with Meta/Facebook). And our next game, ‘Espire 2’ is coming out this November (Woo-Hoo!!!). Next year, we will be making 3 games, not just one…
Sound interesting? We think so.
Games, immersive media and VR truly excite you! You’ve worked in Game Design and /or Level Design in a senior capacity, and have at least dabbled in a few other areas of design. Right now you’re looking for the right IP opportunity to share your creative knowledge and passion, and take the lead! You want to help others build skill and innovate cool games that fit where the best of VR is heading! You also want to work with a group of highly collaborative and open-minded leaders who think the way you do, and want to help you kick your personal career goals. You may even be someone with great game ideas to pitch, and who knows, one of your ideas could become part of our future.
Securing The Role
To secure this role you have:
- Demonstrable experience creating gameplay in a 3D environment
- A passion for immersive media (or be prepared to develop one!)
- Have one specialisation across game, level, narrative, AI, UX and sound design, plus knowledge in at least one other area
- Ability to motivate and encourage staff and promote initiatives
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Be a proven and true problem solver
- Work closely across all teams to collaborate, lead and align design goals
- Work closely with our level designers, game designers, narrative, AI and a sound designers to achieve our overall design goals, and ensure design is in step with the product vision
- Provide day-to-day mentorship and guidance to staff to resolve issues and develop skills
- Encourage and enable ideas and collaboration across teams while working within the brief
- Work with relevant game director to drive best practice design and systems
- Work with producers regularly across sprint planning and scheduling
Skills, experience, attitude
- Experience designing action games
- VR design experience would be a bonus
- Experience with Agile production and Scrum development framework would be ideal
- You like helping, teaching, guiding, and also learning from people of all types
- You are creative, flexible, adaptive, and open-minded
- You think work should be fun
Benefits to you
- Our culture is quite special. We treat and think about our people as the core of our business roadmap. We align our future with your future, which takes some effort and commitment. We want to unlock your deepest talent and help you realise your creative dreams.
- Hybrid options available, up to 2-3 days per week WFH for the right candidate
- Cool funky warehouse style office, based in the Cotton Mills complex in Footscray
- Gatherings – Multiple team celebrations and award nights per year + Xmas party
- Staff perks – Food, drinks, and more.
If this sounds like you, please apply by sending an email to jobs(at)espirevr.com with your resume including a link to your portfolio. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.