Authored byWicked Witch
Authored onThursday, 7 July, 2022 - 11:56 AM
Fresh from our recent acquisition by Keywords Studios Australia, we are scouring the skies across Australia and beyond for the most talented developers to join us!
Wicked Witch Software is a long-established leading video game developer based in Melbourne Australia.
Wicked Witch develops games and graphics applications on a wide range of platforms including PC, mobile, PlayStation, Xbox, Switch, VR and more!
- We're looking for several experienced Game Programmers who are eager to help us deliver the consistent level of quality and service our Wicked Witch business is renowned for across the globe.
- You will join our growing team of developers and work on building various game features within Wicked Witch
- Become part of our vibrant and collaborative team
- Working closely with producers, game designers and artists to implement game features using C++
- Testing, debugging, refining, optimising and maintaining game functionality on console and PC platforms.
- Staying up to date with new technologies and architectures
- Following Wicked-Witch standards and best practices
- Assisting and mentoring other programmers in your areas of expertise
Skills, Abilities and Qualifications
- Excellent programming skills in a strongly typed language such as C, C++, or C#
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong skills in at least one game related discipline (e.g., 3D Maths, AI, Physics, UI, etc.)
- Ability to write clear, maintainable code
- Demonstrated ability to create and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and pleasant personality
- Ability to ramp up quickly with unfamiliar code bases or technical skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent experience
- A genuine enthusiasm and passion for the games industry
- 2 years' professional software development experience
- Experience developing with Unreal Engine or Unity
- Competitive Market Rate Remuneration
- We offer Full-time or Part-time working, Flexible working options and Remote working
- Best of both worlds - Perks of a global business with the intimacy of a small business
- And the best part – you get to be part of the next generation of designers and learn from some of the best in the industry
We pride ourselves on having a diverse and inclusive workplace, as different perspectives and ideas will deliver our long-term success.
Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and other minority groups are encouraged to apply.