Authored byWicked Witch
Authored onThursday, 7 July, 2022 - 11:51 AM
Looking to create the next generation of great games in a diverse variety of styles and take your professional development to the next level?
Come work for one of Melbourne's largest games studios, with a flexible, trust-based approach and friendly, creative, like-minded individuals.
Own key areas and be recognised and respected to both design your own solutions and share them with the team.
We work with some of the world biggest companies in the industry including Microsoft, Warner Bros and Riot Games to name a few.
Over the years Wicked Witch has released dozens of titles with millions of players worldwide. With almost 20 years of game dev experience, we have releases on all major platforms.
We work on a diverse catalogue of games with our recent titles ranging from the RTS hit Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition, the crowd pleasing AFL Evolution 2 and the environmentally conscious PSVR game Jupiter & Mars.
As a Technical Artist you will be responsible to build, deliver and support art tools, workflows and assets that enable artists and designers to quickly integrate quality content and features into our games.
You should have a strong eye for art quality and knowledge of real-time graphics pipelines.
Note: A portfolio submission is required for this position. Please focus this portfolio on personal contributions to your projects. Please include a shot breakdown specifying what you were directly responsible for creating.
- 5+ years professional experience as a Technical Artist
- Understanding of Unity and Unreal Engine 4
- Familiarity with Maya, its API, and other industry leading applications
- Experience with art tool deployment strategy
- Ability to trouble shoot problems and support artists in getting their work done
- Excellent communication skills, especially with regards to illustrating technical processes
- Facility with modern scripting languages
- Takes and understands direction well, meets deadlines and work on multiple tasks
Preferred Extra Skills
- A deep understanding of Unity and Unreal Engine 4
- Traditional art / drawing skills
- C++, Python, C# experience
- Strong problem-solving skills and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to adapt to new tools and tech
- Work flexible hours that are the best fit for you. We trust our employees to manage their own time
- Diverse range of projects including the opportunity to work on the next generation of console games
- Explore cutting edge innovative technologies such as photogrammetry, VR and next gen consoles.
- Fully stocked kitchen and gaming room.
- Voluntary company social events and staff organised games and social groups.
- Contracts tailored to your needs with Hybrid work schedules and opportunities to work 4 days a week.
- Competitive Market Rate Remuneration
- Best of both worlds - Perks of a global business with the intimacy of a small business
- And the best part – you get to be part of the next generation of designers and learn from some of the best in the industry.