Authored onTuesday, 16 August, 2022 - 12:59 PM
Blowfish Studios is expanding its studio and we're seeking an Associate Publishing Producer to join us to find and publish the best PC, console and mobile games! You can look forward to gaining professional game development experience and releasing games on multiple platforms. The ideal candidate has experience releasing a game on multiple platforms or storefronts, but we will provide support and training on the job, so if this is a role that interests you and that you would love to grow into, please apply!
COVID-19 - While the majority of the studio is currently working from home, this role will require the ability to come into our North Sydney office on request.
Skills and Experience
- Has released a game on multiple platforms or storefronts as an Assistant or Associate Producer
- Experience working with remote developers
- Proactive at identifying problems and considering solutions
- High attention to detail and organisational skills to manage across multiple projects
- Displayed aptitude for organisation, followup, and clear written and verbal communication
- Works independently, but isn’t afraid to ask questions or seek support!
- Own the development, production, porting, and release of titles, working with multiple external developers and internal staff
- Coordinate the many steps to project completion including QA, Localisation, Age Ratings, and promotion
- Manage product submissions to platforms – Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Steam etc. Including setting up store pages for Titles, gathering the resources required and ensuring they are approved for launch
- Communicate upcoming titles to platform holders and the public through consumer and industry events, working with Social Media and PR teams
- Flag potential timeline risks to the Lead Producer and/or other department leads
- Evaluate, test, offer feedback, and report on prospective publishing games
- Have your hand on the pulse of team morale, and be focused on enhancing engagement and excitement while offering support
- Contribute to the improvement of production processes
- Monitor and followup on timesheet use
- Participate in promotional activities for the game/studio
Nice to Have:
- Qualifications in Project Management are highly regarded, but not necessary
- Experience organising and/or working a booth at expos
While our ideal candidate has demonstrated experience releasing games on multiple platforms or storefronts, we will provide support and training on the job, so if this is a role that interests you and that you would love to grow into, please apply!
- Must be detail oriented and able to handle multiple projects under pressure
- Passion for video games and good knowledge of different game genres across all platforms
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Positive attitude and a genuine team player
- Ability to take direction well
- Share knowledge and open to learn from others
- Primary Software: Google Docs, Trello
- Secondary Software: Sourcetree (or other git tools), Jenkins
- Other Software: Unity, Unreal 4
- Full-time: Yes
- Salary: DOE
- Required Spoken Language(s): English
- Location: Sydney - (Remote positions depending on the applicant.)
- Relocation: No
We are an Award-Winning Developer & Publisher of interactive entertainment based in Sydney, Australia. Founded in 2008 by industry veterans and led to this day by its founders. We distinguish ourselves by creating innovative and engaging games that push the latest technologies in tomorrow's next-gen gaming platforms. We are excited to be part of Animoca Brands, the leader in digital entertainment, blockchain, and gamification.
How to Apply
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with title ' Publishing Producer'
Send an up-to-date resume/CV, links to your most recent work/portfolio (Artstation, etc.), and other supporting material & specify the position/role you are applying for.
This position requires you to be legally permitted to work in Australia.