Authored byGrease Monkey Games
Authored onThursday, 18 August, 2022 - 2:34 PM
Grease Monkey Games is expanding and we're seeking a talented Full Stack Developer to join the team! You can look forward to working with an amazing team of talented professionals, gaining professional experience in game development, releasing games on multiple platforms, integrating blockchain into gaming and working on amazing projects!
The ideal candidate will have experience in the video game industry, or an accompanying field, worked in a team environment, able to self-manage tasks, and is passionate about video games!
We are keen to find someone who wants to grow their career, expand their skill set, and be ready to bring their A-game! If that's you, hit us up!
Before applying for this position, please take a moment to check out our current Torque Drift social media channels and have a play of Torque Drift on the app store or on PC to see what we’re all about!
COVID-19 - While the majority of the studio is located in Melbourne, remote positions will be considered depending on the applicant.
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years experience working as a full stack developer
- Strong experience with SPA frameworks such as React and VueJS/Nuxt
- Strong experience working with NodeJS
- Strong experience working with relational databases such as MySQL and/or PostgreSQL, defining schemas, and writing performant queries
- Strong experience with a variety of AWS resources (EC2, S3, Route 53 etc), and experience deploying applications to AWS.
- Strong experience with Git-based source code control.
- Ability to work in a team, provide guidance and insight into project decisions, and to provide and incorporate feedback from peers
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with team members of different departments
- Must be detail oriented and able to handle multiple projects under pressure
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Great problem solving skills
- Positive attitude and a genuine team player
- Share knowledge and be open to learning from others
Nice to Have
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB
- Experience with containers (e.g. Docker)
- Experience with PHP, and traditional monolithic application development using frameworks such as Laravel.
- Experience deploying applications to Heroku.
- Linux server admin and bash scripting skills.
- Passion for video games and good knowledge of different game genres across all platforms
- Software: VS Code, Git
- Other tools: Trello, Jenkins
Negotiable based on experience
Grease Monkey Games (Formerly League Of Monkeys) was established in 2013 and consists of over 20 talented artists, developers, designers, UI / UX and producers based in our Brunswick studio in Melbourne.
Founder and CEO Arran Potter has a rich heritage of experience in creating visual effects and video games, working on high profile commercials and films dating back to the early 2000s. After moving from a contract based company to solely developing original IP games in 2014, our games have been downloaded more than 45 Million times from people all over the world.
We are excited to be part of Animoca Brands, the leader in digital entertainment, blockchain, and gamification.
We’re always striving to create the best workplace for our employees possible including:
- Flexible work location.
- Flexible work start and end times.
- Friday night drinks and events with other video game studios.
- Company organised ‘Learn to drift’ days and trips to the snow.
- Dog friendly studio!
Inclusive and creative environment where everyone gets a say. (No matter your experience level or department)
How to Apply
Email us at email@example.com with "Full Stack Engineer".
Send an up-to-date resume/CV, links to your most recent work/portfolio (GitHub, etc.) and other supporting material & specify the position/role you are applying for.
This position requires you to be legally permitted to work in Australia.