Authored byWayne Simmons
Authored onThursday, 25 August, 2022 - 8:07 AM
At Playlunch Games, we believe everyone can enjoy and gain more confidence in maths. By supporting children and their families to have fun and enjoy using maths, we believe we can improve the educational outcomes of millions of children worldwide and help stem the global decline in maths participation.
Our game, Town Squared, is designed to close the loop between the maths we do at school, and the maths we all need in real life.
Town Squared presents maths in playful ways, letting children apply the maths they learn at school in an immersive multiplayer environment with their friends. We believe that by creating a shared positive experience with maths for peer groups and families, will increase confidence, enjoyment and help overcome maths anxiety.
We are continuing to grow our team here at Playlunch Games and are looking for a talented Junior Unreal Gameplay Programmer to join our team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working closely with game designers and artists to implement gameplay features in Unreal Engine using C++ and or Blueprints.
- Testing, debugging and maintaining game functionality on mobile and PC platforms.
- Staying up to date with new technologies and architectures.
- Learning directly from industry experts with decades of experience coding games for a myriad of platforms.
- Joining a friendly founding team, passionate about what they’re doing, at the ground floor.
- Programming skills in C#, C++ or Blueprints.
- Game development.
- Ability to write clear, maintainable code.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- A genuine enthusiasm and passion for the games industry.
- Experience using the Unreal engine or Unity 3d.
- A desire to broaden your skill-set.
Experience & qualifications:
- Game development experience (home or student projects are OK).
- Experience creating games with Unity or Unreal Engine.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What we offer:
- Flexible working arrangements (hours, location).
- Creative environment where everyone can participate in design.
- Mentoring from industry veterans passionate about quality coding practices.
- Career development opportunities.
- Meaningful work building a great project with social impact for kids.
- Committed to a diverse and inclusive working environment.
If you don’t have all the required skills and think you may be a great fit for the team, please don’t hesitate to apply.
Applying for the position:
Please send a cover letter and your CV to Wayne Simmons: email@example.com with the role you are applying for in the subject line.
No agencies please.