Authored onWednesday, 3 August, 2022 - 1:35 PM
About the job
Blowfish Studios is expanding and we're seeking a talented Web Developer to join the team! You can look forward to working with and leading some talented professionals, gaining professional experience in game development, releasing games on multiple platforms, integrating blockchain into gaming and working on amazing projects!
The ideal candidate will have experience in the video game industry, or an accompanying field in a people leadership role, worked in a team environment, able to self-manage tasks, and is passionate about video games!
We are keen to find someone who wants to continie to grow their career, expand their skill set, and be ready to bring their A-game! If that's you, hit us up!
COVID-19 - While the majority of the studio is located in Sydney and working from home, remote positions will be considered depending on the applicant.
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years experience working as a full stack developer
- 3+ years experience working with a database and defining schemas
- Experience of people management & leading a team of developers
- Experience working with PostgreSQL and/or MySQL
- Ability to work in a team, provide guidance and insight into project decisions, and to provide and incorporate feedback from peers
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with team members of different departments
- Must be detail oriented and able to handle multiple projects under pressure
- People management experience
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Great problem solving skills
- Positive attitude and a genuine team player
- Share knowledge and be open to learning from others
Nice to Have
- Experience working with NodeJS
- Experience working with React
- Experience with responsive web design
- Experience with Docker
- Experience leading a small team
- An understanding of blockchain technology and smart contracts
- Passion for video games and good knowledge of different game genres across all platforms
- Software: VS Code, Git
- Other tools: Trello, Jenkins
- Full-time: Yes
- Salary: DOE
- Language: English
- Location: Sydney - (Remote positions depending on the applicant.)
- Relocation: No
We are an Award-Winning Developer & Publisher of interactive entertainment based in Sydney, Australia. Founded in 2008 by industry veterans and led to this day by its founders. We distinguish ourselves by creating innovative and engaging games that push the latest technologies in tomorrow's next-gen gaming platforms. We are excited to be part of Animoca Brands, the leader in digital entertainment, blockchain, and gamification.
How to Apply
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Send an up-to-date resume/CV, links to your most recent work/portfolio (GitHub, etc.) and other supporting material & specify the position/role you are applying for. Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted.
This position requires you to be legally permitted to work in Australia.