Authored onThursday, 18 August, 2022 - 3:15 PM
Blowfish Studios are seeking a well rounded Technical Audio Designer to join the team! You can look forward to working with an amazing team of talented professionals, gaining professional experience in game development and crafting unique soundscapes across a large variety of incredible games across multiple platforms.
The ideal candidate has a passion for both the audio implementation and design of interactive game audio.
Has experience in the video game industry, or an accompanying field, will assist in the implementation of game audio along with the writing of audio design briefs that inform the work of our network of audio contractors and composers. You will be responsible for ensuring the quality of audio assets adhere to and execute upon the established creative direction of each title from both an artistic and technical perspective.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience with significant project contributions as an audio / sound designer or similar.
- Relevant showreel of Game audio implementation within Unity and / or Unreal engine.
- Passion for both creative and technical audio implementation, utilising UE Blueprints, WWise or FMOD
- Relevant degree in an Audio field or with the equivalent work experience.
- A relevant showreel of interactive audio work, submitted with your application.
- A passion for video games, music and audio, with a good knowledge of different game genres.
- Proficiency and expertise utilising at least one DAW (e.g. Reaper, Ableton, Pro tools…)
- Expertise in technical audio theory, spatial audio and audio engineering.
- Experience creating and delivering end to end high quality audio experiences for interactive and / or linear content.
- Strong collaborative skills working with multiple departments (design, engineering, production, QA, publishing, UI/UX).
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, proactive, great with verbal communication, an open mind-set when receiving feedback and able to pivot based on project priorities.
- Understanding and ability to work within the technical constraints of designing audio for interactive media and games.
- Work closely and take direction from audio and creative leadership to execute the design and implementation of high quality game ready audio assets.
- Participate in the creation of briefs that inform audio works for external sound designers and composers.
- Ability to dive into the implementation of audio in Unreal engine, via blueprinting.
- Can dive into detail to fill any audio design pipeline gaps,( Sound design, Composition, foley, Dialogue, ADR) as needed.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams to ensure created audio contributes to and realises the established creative direction.
- Participate in team stand ups, operate within the agile workflow framework.
- Design and implementation of audio assets for our games that utilise both UE5 and Unity engines.
- Maintain and populate our audio asset list for projects.
- Mixing and mastering of audio assets if required, QA of any outsourced audio assets.
- Solicit peer review for initial feedback when appropriate.
- Seek approval of personal task time estimates.
- Reliably meet production deadlines with a high degree of quality.
- Keeping up-to-date on techniques, trends, styles, etc. in the industry and pertaining to linear and interactive audio.
Nice to Have
- Experience with Unreal engine and / or Unity.
- Experience in Sound design for video / film.
- Experience in field recording / foley recording & microphone recording techniques.
- Knowledge of musical theory / or ability to compose original music.
- Experience with Agile and Lean project workflow.
- Experience in a creative pipeline / game development / studio environment.
- Experience with Unreal engine blueprinting / c++ or Unity scripting / C#.
- Proficient or understanding behind basic functionality of source control, and task tracking.
- Experience designing audio through synthesis.
- Full-time: Yes
- Salary: DOE
- Language: English
- Location: Sydney - (Remote positions depending on the applicant)
- Relocation: No
We are an Award-Winning Developer & Publisher of interactive entertainment based in Sydney, Australia. Founded in 2008 by industry veterans and led to this day by its founders. We distinguish ourselves by creating innovative and engaging games that push the latest technologies in tomorrow's next-gen gaming platforms. We are excited to be part of Animoca Brands, the leader in digital entertainment, blockchain, and gamification.
How to Apply
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject “Technical Audio Designer - <your name>”. Please include an up-to-date Resume/CV, and a link to your website/portfolio or examples of your work.
This position requires you to be legally permitted to work in Australia.