Authored onThursday, 8 September, 2022 - 10:41 AM
Mid to senior
Blowfish Studios is expanding and we're seeking talented Unreal 3D Generalists to join our team! You can look forward to working with an amazing team of talented professionals, gaining professional experience in game development, releasing games on multiple platforms and working on amazing projects!
The ideal candidate will have experience in the video game industry, or an accompanying field, worked in a team environment, able to self-manage tasks, and is passionate about video games!
- Minimum of 1 year professional experience using Unreal
- Over 3 years working in the 3D industry
- Proficiency with Unreal, Maya or Blender, Substance Suite and Photoshop
- Experience and skills with 3D modelling, UVing, texturing and asset optimisation; to create amazing game ready assets
- Good knowledge and understanding of basic 3D principles, real-time concepts & PBR workflows
- Strong collaborative skills working with multiple departments (design, engineering, production, QA, publishing)
- A passion for video games with a good knowledge of different game genres
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, proactive, great with verbal communication, an open mind-set when receiving feedback and able to pivot based on project priorities
- Build out levels in Unreal that are optimised for gameplay
- Produce assets as directed by a Lead or Head of 3D
- Lighting areas and levels
- Follow workflow pipelines and organise assets according to established guidelines
- Seeks approval of personal task time estimates
- Solicits peer review for feedback on 3d assets when appropriate
- Proficient with basic functionality of source control, and task tracking
- Can be relied upon by leads to meet production task times with an acceptable quality level
- Understands the importance of and accurately employs established asset organisational structures and naming conventions
- Keeping up-to-date on techniques, trends, styles, etc. in the industry and pertaining to your field
Nice to Have
- Experience in game development
- Scripting in Python
- Experience with ZBrush or Houdini
- Team leading ability
- Experience with Unreal
- Full-time: Yes
- Salary: DOE
- Language: English
- Location: Sydney - (Remote positions depending on the applicant.)
- Relocation: No
We are an Award-Winning Developer & Publisher of interactive entertainment based in Sydney, Australia. Founded in 2008 by industry veterans and led to this day by its founders. We distinguish ourselves by creating innovative and engaging games that push the latest technologies in tomorrow's next-gen gaming platforms. We are excited to be part of Animoca Brands, the leader in digital entertainment, blockchain, and gamification.
How to Apply
Email us at email@example.com
Send an up-to-date resume/CV, links to your most recent work/portfolio (Artstation, etc.) and other supporting material & specify the position/role you are applying for.
This position requires you to be legally permitted to work in Australia.