Authored onWednesday, 25 January, 2023 - 2:20 PM
Smileyscope are looking for a superstar Junior-Mid Level Unity Developer to join our rapidly growing start-up on a permanent, full-time basis. If you’re passionate, hard-working, and excited about the potential for VR in healthcare, then we’d love to hear from you.
Smileyscope is a leader in the emerging field of digital therapeutics, using virtual reality designed to reduce pain, anxiety and restraints during medical procedures. Smileyscope’s flagship product helps keep children calm and still for needles and blood tests, making it safer and easier for clinicians to perform these feared procedures.
About the role:
As a core part of our Product Development Team, you will play a major role in bringing our VR experiences to life. Reporting to the Technical Lead Manager, you will be responsible for the development, maintenance, and testing of new and existing Unity-built VR products designed to assist with a diverse range of medical procedures.
This is a remote role, however we aim to have monthly in-person meetings for planning sessions and team bonding events. Therefore, we are only able to accept applicants in Victoria.
Skills and Experience
- 2+ years professional experience working with Unity
- Strong C# programming skills
- VR development experience
- Experience with Android development using Unity
- Desire to use your skills to help improve healthcare on a global scale
- Self-motivated, with the confidence to work independently
- A team player, able to collaborate toward greater business needs
- Ability to work across multiple projects and deadlines
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
Nice to Have
- At least one shipped title on Android
- Experience building native android apps using Java/Kotlin in Android Studio
- Optimizing and profiling in Unity
- Experience with Atlassian suite
Competitive salary, negotiable based on experience.