Authored byDigital Lode
Authored onMonday, 23 January, 2023 - 9:17 AM
Our journey so far…
Digital Lode has a vision to excite and draw everyone into the world of immersive media. With the support and commitment of our funding partners, we are growing. Until now we have produced one game at a time, with our latest title - Espire 2 - released November 2022. The studio is scaling up over the next 18 months to produce three new games simultaneously, so we are looking for talented people ready to take the journey to create unforgettable immersive player experiences.
You love combining your talent to measure and evaluate needs and problems with crafting comprehensive end-to-end solutions. You find the need to deliver projects within scoped timelines motivating and challenging, and you like to exploit your autonomy with personal initiative to kick goals in your own way. Collaborative and team oriented, you enjoy the process of engaging and communicating with the broader team. Suggesting improvements before anyone else thinks of them and before risks become problems, is validating for you. You are flexible, adaptable, and enjoy being recognised for your talents.
- Design and implement a scalable server architecture for a synchronous VR action multiplayer game
- Revise and optimise netcode for an optimal gameplay experience
- Manage server deployment and data migration tasks
- Configure servers for Digital Lode’s DevOps and LiveOps frameworks
- Build server-side elements of key online & in-game features
- Project planning, time management, documentation of technical designs and instructions
- Collaborate across all teams to determine efficient and effective solutions
Skills, experience, attitude:
- Having a thorough understanding of the network, latest programming techniques, multi-threaded and concurrent programming
- Implementing and adapting third-party tools, libraries and APIs for networking purposes.
- Experience communicating with different departments around endpoints and systems that are being used
- Experience maintaining security and stability of server endpoints and systems
- Able to understand databases using and implementing ( Reword)
- Apply debugging techniques with real-time applications and live updates
- Have utilised backup procedures for concurrent settings
- Experience in game development (across multiple platforms is a bonus)
- Experience developing high quality games
- Experience working with databases
- Strong experience in C++/C#, (PHP optional)
- Ideally have an understanding in one of the following; Azure Gamelift, Photon or Playfab
- Experience writing server related tools, and assets for other departmental needs
- Experience with automation tools
- Possible experience using Unreal Engine
Benefits to you:
- Strong social engagement program, including: monthly guest speakers, Trivia Tuesdays, monthly board game night, Digital Lode ‘Summer Games’ and ‘Winter Games’, regular Milestone and Staff Awards Parties to celebrate our team’s efforts.
- Quarterly informal ‘staff chats’ to better align business goals with your personal goals, and define and embrace development opportunities for you, in parallel with quarterly staff satisfaction surveys.
- Hybrid options available, up to 2 days per week WFH for the right candidate.
- Open plan office, enjoyable and creative workspace.
- Free office pantry – Fruit and snacks, cokes and other soft drinks, plus more.
If this sounds like you, please apply with your resume. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.