Authored byDigital Lode
Authored onMonday, 23 January, 2023 - 9:23 AM
Our journey so far…
Digital Lode has a vision to excite and draw everyone into the world of immersive media. With the support and commitment of our funding partners, we are growing. Until now we have produced one game at a time, with our latest title - Espire 2 - released November 2022. The studio is scaling up over the next 18 months to produce three new games simultaneously, so we are looking for talented game developers ready to take the journey to create unforgettable immersive player experiences.
You have successfully contributed to multiple game programming projects in the past, and you are looking to step into a well established highly cooperative programming crew. You are fluent with Unreal Engine or eagerly prepared to learn it, you are comprehensively skilled from compiling to automation, and you have assisted in projects optimising blueprints. Passionate about all things programming, you probably have some private projects related to programming. You are very excited to jump on board with our current and new IPs, all things scripting and inputs. You don’t need experience in VR, we can teach you that. But you do have a passion to work on titles that are fresh and innovative, which is what we are all about.
- Develop game features within Unreal, iterating feature design all the way through to testing and delivery
- Designing and implementing new systems, plus improving existing systems in the engine and C++
- Work collaboratively and communicate with game designers, artists, animation, QA and audio teams.
- Self-manage programming task schedule updates
- Develop tools and systems for our team to enable improved content
- Bug fixing and maintaining our existing code base
- Analysing and fixing issues in the game engine such as load times, memory usage, and performance problems
- Setup deployment of each project to all target platforms
- Continue improving and updating live games post-release
- Crafting code hat is clean, maintainable and robust
Skills, experience, attitude:
- Enthusiastic about making and playing video games!
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science, or equivalent
- Multiple years experience using C++ and ideally in the video game industry supporting Unreal Engine or any other relevant experience.
- Knowledge of engine or middleware and associated pipeline
- Good understanding of debugging tools
- Strong understanding of movement and physics
- Can cleanly integrate third plugins and SDKs
- Adept with speed and memory considerations, optimisation principles
- Attention to detail, and strong problem solving skills
- Flexible, adaptable, quick learner, team oriented
- Strong written and verbal communications
- You have extensive experience in Unreal Engine with blue prints
- Knowledge of Python programming
- Previous experience on VR projects
- Ability to work onsite (our office is located in Footscray, Victoria)
Benefits to you:
- Strong social engagement program, including: monthly guest speakers, Trivia Tuesdays, monthly board game night, Digital Lode ‘Summer Games’ and ‘Winter Games’, regular Milestone and Staff Awards Parties to celebrate our team’s efforts.
- Quarterly informal ‘staff chats’ to better align business goals with your personal goals, and define and embrace development opportunities for you, in parallel with quarterly staff satisfaction surveys.
- Hybrid options available, up to 2 days per week WFH for the right candidate.
- Open plan office, enjoyable and creative workspace.
- Free office pantry – Fruit and snacks, cokes and other soft drinks, plus more.
If this sounds like you, please apply with your resume including a link to your portfolio. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.