Authored byDigital Lode
Authored onMonday, 6 March, 2023 - 12:29 PM
Our journey so far…
Digital Lode has a vision to excite and draw everyone into the world of immersive media. With the support and commitment of our funding partners, we are growing. Until now we have produced one game at a time, with our latest title - Espire 2 - released November 2022. The studio is scaling up over the next 18 months to produce three new games simultaneously, so we are looking for talented game developers ready to take the journey to create unforgettable immersive player experiences.
You are a creative professional who specialises in creating virtual worlds, adapting your art style to suit a project. You have technical skill with 3D packages, in modelling, texturing, and optimisation. You are comfortable in a fluid environment with team involvement, and opportunity for self direction & experimentation. You have a solid portfolio of work that displays the range of your skills
- Work with department leads to produce high-quality assets
- Ensure efficient UV space utilisation
- Importing and setting up assets in the game engine to meet project specs
- Conducting research to guarantee asset accuracy
- Optimising asset LODs, collisions and Material complexity
- Baking High resolution model & textures to real time assets
- Adhering to workflow pipelines and organising assets per established guidelines
- Seeking and implementing peer review on assets.
- Skilled in using basic source control and task tracking tools
Skills, experience, attitude:
- Skilled in using Unreal or Unity, Maya / Blender, Adobe Suite
- Proficient in 3D modelling, UV mapping, texturing, and asset optimization to produce high-quality game assets
- Solid understanding of basic 3D principles, real-time concepts, and PBR workflows
- Excellent collaboration skills working with interdisciplinary teams
- Strong passion for all aspects of 3D and traditional art
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, proactive, strong verbal communication skills, open to feedback, and able to adapt to project changes
- Interest in industry trends and techniques
- Prior experience optimising content for VR, mobile, or multi-platform
- Prior experience with Substance Designer/Painter
- Unreal Engine experience
Benefits to you
- Strong social engagement program, including: monthly guest speakers, Trivia Tuesdays, monthly board game night, Digital Lode ‘Summer Games’ and ‘Winter Games’, regular Milestone and Staff Awards Parties to celebrate our team’s efforts.
- Quarterly informal ‘staff chats’ to better align business goals with your personal goals, and define and embrace development opportunities for you, in parallel with quarterly staff satisfaction surveys.
- Hybrid options available, up to 2 days per week WFH for the right candidate.
- Open plan office, enjoyable and creative workspace.
- Free office pantry – Fruit and snacks, cokes and other soft drinks, plus more.
If this sounds like you, please apply with your resume including a link to your portfolio. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.