Authored byKeywords Studios Australia
Authored onFriday, 20 October, 2023 - 12:00 PM
Tantalus North Studio (Brisbane) is currently hiring for an experienced C++ Software Engineer join our tightknit team of game development experts.
Tantalus Media has been a cornerstone of the Australian game development scene since the mid-90s and is a critical part of the Keywords Studios international group. Our portfolio is broad and deep, providing exceptional client focused development and technical services across all areas of development, from original IP to technical ports and remasters of beloved franchises for our AAA clients. For some of our previous projects go HERE
Built on the solid foundation of Tantalus Media, and utilising the broad international reach of Keywords Studios, Tantalus North was established in sunny Brisbane in early 2022. We’re a dynamic, cross-discipline team of 14 developers boasting over 170+ years of combined game industry experience.
The advantage of such a small team with that much grunt under the hood is that we feel like an intimate indie team, but with the know-how to execute and excel at delivering for the biggest clients on the planet. The day-to-day family feel of this caring team brings fun and love to our work, but with the added security of being part of something much bigger, with a diverse portfolio and opportunities of our huge organization. Paired with the generous company benefits and Queensland lifestyle, it is our recipe for not only success, but happiness too.
If you want to be part of a small but mighty team at the bleeding edge of technical services for renowned platforms and publishers, please read on to find out more about our new positions.
As a C++ Software Engineer, you will assist in porting games across multiple platforms including but not limited to Switch, PS4, PS5, Xbox X/S and Xbox One. You will be working with a range of engines and technology pipelines, including popular engines such as Unreal or Unity, as well as bespoke custom engines.
- Working closely with producers, QA, game designers and artists to implement game features using C++.
- Testing, debugging, refining, optimising and maintaining game functionality on a range of platforms.
- Staying up to date with new technologies and architectures.
- Assisting and mentoring other programmers in your areas of expertise.
- Creating and maintaining well written technical documentation.
- Creating maintainable, and extensible, well architected code.
- Confidently communicating with other disciplines, in particular engineering, to facilitate solutions that push the project forward.
- Proactively identify problems and propose, test, and document solutions.
- Research and explore new technologies and techniques, and keep up to date with the latest trends in game development.
- Share learnings and best practices, workflows, and new tools with the wider team.
- Be available for technical support for the code team.
- Actively demonstrate a desire to learn and grow professionally.
- Contribute towards a positive and supportive company culture.
- Approx. 5+ years of Games Industry experience (for mid and senior levels).
- Demonstrable development and release experience in C++.
- Experience in code optimisation and performance monitoring.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong awareness of industry technology trends, willingness to learn and grow.
- Console development experience (Nintendo Switch, Xbox, PlayStation)
- Current development experience with Unity, UE4 or UE5.
- Ability to write high-quality, performant and maintainable code.
- Understanding of a range of design patterns and data structures
- Strong attention to detail, able to multi-task, and adapt to change.
- A passion for games, an interest and awareness in the latest trends, tools, technology and approaches in creating content.
- Strong time management and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in AAA game development.
- Experience in Custom C++ Engines.
- Experience in Commercially Available Engines (Unity, Unreal, Etc.)
- Experience in other programming languages.
- Experience with game release processes.