We're looking for a talented and enthusiastic Writer / Media Liaison to join our team. This is a new position located in our Melbourne, Australia studio, due to the growth of the self-publishing side of our business and commencing ASAP.
What you'll be doing
- Create content for the general public as well as our media contacts. Our audience is predominantly (90%+) overseas.
- Research, write and publish content for our web site/blog and other online channels, as well as press releases and media kits.
- Work with our development teams to write game descriptions and related text.
- Maintain close relationships with journalists and bloggers. Manage and grow our media contact list.
- Distribute review copies of games to selected contacts.
- Represent Firemint in interviews and at events – some overseas travel required.
- Game launches and special events will require some evening, early morning and weekend work.
- Miscellaneous research, writing, editing and publicity tasks as necessary from time to time.
- This position is based in our studio – offsite, contract or casual work is not available.
Who we're looking for:
- Outstanding writing skills and the ability to critique your own work.
- Ability to strike the appropriate tone for a range of writing requirements, from very casual to formal.
- Exemplary time management skills and a proven track record of delivering to deadlines.
- Extremely conscientious and detail oriented. Able to edit for accuracy as well as correct spelling and grammar.
- Able to work autonomously to achieve broad goals.
- Excellent computer and Internet skills and a high level of familiarity with social media.
- Comfortable presenting to a large audience and live via video/radio.
- Genuine interest in games, in particular on iPhone, is a must.
- Current or past journalist experience will be very highly regarded.
- Tertiary degree in journalism or communications preferred.
What we can offer you:
- The opportunity to work with a true world leader and Australian success story, on fantastic products that media and the public are already genuinely interested in.
- A great, professional but laid back team environment with some of the smartest and most talented game makers anywhere.
- Light, modern studio environment in central Richmond location, awesome coffee immediately across the road. Many local cafes, restaurants and shops.
- Close to public transport with various train and tram stops within walking distance. Car park as well as bike parking available.
- Lots of small perks – fresh fruit, book and game library, Friday drinks.
- Great camaraderie – everyone shares an interest in games, gadgets and technology.
- The opportunity to do your best work yet!
Firemint is one of the most highly regarded iPhone and iPad game development studios in the world. We have just acquired well-known developer Infinite Interactive (Puzzle Quest and Warlords series) to further expand our creative and development capabilities.
Firemint was established in 1999. In 2009, our break-out hits Flight Control and Real Racing enabled us to switch from working on commissioned titles for international game publishers, to creating our own original IP. We are extremely consumer-focused, and have an irrational obsession with polish and creating a fun entertainment experience. Our track record is proof of our “quality over quantity” approach – we genuinely care about the games we make.
We are currently expanding to numerous new hardware platforms with recent releases on PlayStation 3 and PC/Mac via Steam. Some of our awards include two prestigious Apple Design Awards in 2010 (unprecedented for two apps from one developer in one year), the Australian government's 2009 Export Award for Art & Entertainment, and the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year award for the Southern Region/Technology category for our CEO and founder, Rob Murray.
Please apply through SEEK only and include:
A cover letter telling us why you'd like to work for Firemint and why you're perfect for the role. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Your CV, including at least 5 relevant samples of your writing
You must be available to attend an interview in Richmond if short-listed. Firemint does not work with recruiters so please apply direct.