Firemint is a world leading iPhone and iPad game development studio. Our award-winning games Flight Control, Real Racing and SPY mouse have been immensely successful and have enabled us to work exclusively on our own original titles.
Although we use cutting edge technology and a high level of creativity to produce our games, we are an entertainment company and our mission is to delight our customers. We’re currently looking for a Support Coordinator who wants to make sure that our players have an awesome experience whenever they interact with Firemint outside of our games as well as within them.
Your role will be to represent Firemint to our player community, and to represent the community’s views and needs to Firemint. You’ll look after players across a number of channels, including our support site and forums, as well as engaging with our community wherever conversations are currently happening (e.g. on other gamer forums). You’ll be there to help resolve problems and concerns, and collect ideas and suggestions.
Your tasks will include:
- Manage online feedback on our support site and provide timely, friendly responses and updates, liaising with our QA testers and producers.
- Monitor various online sources and log issues reported by customers.
- Drive resolution of known issues with our development team and provide regular reports about outstanding issues to game producers and the community of affected players.
- Gather and record community generated ideas and suggestions, summarise and report these to the marketing team regularly, and champion the most popular ideas with development teams.
- Assist the marketing team with announcing news and running promotions across online channels, in particular social media.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of all Firemint games.
As the majority of our players are overseas and/or active on evenings and weekends, some early morning, late night and weekend work may be required on occasion for time sensitive interactions. This is a new role in an expanding department, so you may also be asked to perform miscellaneous related tasks. There are excellent prospects for this role to grow and/or for the successful applicant to progress within the company.
Our ideal candidate:
- You have a proven track record in creating an exceptional customer experience. You can empathise with the customer’s point of view and have a mature, level-headed approach.
- Your written communication skills are outstanding. You can strike a friendly, natural and conversational tone in written responses to customer issues without sounding patronising or overly formal. For many of our customers, English is a second language so you communicate clearly and concisely, using simple language. You can back this up by showing us examples of your writing from previous roles.
- You love online communities and social media. Past experience using social media or administering forums for work purposes would be great. If you don’t have hands-on experience, you can demonstrate an understanding of the issues involved.
- You are self-motivated and conscientious, and it’s important to you to deliver on your commitments. You work well under pressure and to tight deadlines with many competing demands on your time. You are careful, methodical and organised. You have developed a personal approach that works for you, for keeping track of things you need to get done.
- You must be interested in games and online communities. Our games are designed to be approachable and enjoyable for a wide range of people, so you don’t need to be a hardcore or champion gamer!
- Past experience in Community Management, Online Customer Support, Social Media, Forum Admin/Moderation, Public Relations or Journalism will be very highly regarded.
What we can offer you:
- Engage with a genuinely passionate and enthusiastic community, representing a world-class studio and some of the best games anywhere. It’s not a hard topic to sell ;)
- No suits and no clueless corporate clients! Everything you do will be for Firemint.
- We’re leading and innovating in digital entertainment, so you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to some very cool stuff.
- A great, professional but laid back team environment with some of the smartest and most talented game makers anywhere.
- Close to public transport with various train and tram stops within walking distance.
- Lots of small perks – free fresh fruit, game library, Friday drinks, free EA games each month.
- Most importantly, the opportunity to do your best work yet.
Fill out the application form here: