Authored onTuesday, 30 March, 2021 - 4:43 PM
We're looking for a Game Producer to help us revolutionize gaming by building a mobile RPG game where players can trade items and heroes for real money. 120k players on our waitlist so far. Role includes traditional mobile development and extends into website products (e.g. trading marketplace). Our team has high autonomy, is well funded, has flexible working hours and offers competitive compensation. We want to re-invent the industry and digital ownership, and we want A players to join us.
A bit about the role:
Immutable’s Publishing Department has a mission to develop and launch world-changing games which use blockchain.
We are looking for a Producer to join our team on Guild of Guardians. Guild of Guardians is made for players who want games to be more than just entertainment, and who want to play a free mobile RPG where they can turn their gaming passion into assets by trading heroes and items for real money.
Your mission is to ensure the on-time and on-budget delivery of the mobile game release and game-related website products (e.g. a trading marketplace, website NFT sales, partnership promotional projects).
Specifically, you will be responsible for working with a cross-functional team of designers, product lead, engineers and artists to ensure the successful scoping and implementation of these products. This team will be across time-zones and teams (both internal and external). You will be expected to be able to get input from all stakeholders in defining the project scope and making decisions. You should be exceptionally organised and proactive in “getting stuff done”, being capable of solving blockers that come your way.
If you want a high impact role and if you love unlocking efficiencies, project planning, problem-solving issues and orchestrating complex projects across a range of people and disciplines then we want you to join us!
Here’s how you’ll contribute:
- Managing the workflows and sequencing of game design, game development and art development done by internal and external teams, to ensure the on-quality, on-time and on-budget delivery of work
- Project management of out-of-game related products such as the marketplace, NFT sales and IP partnership integrations to ensure on-time completion of these projects
- Coordinating between all stakeholders to get decisions made, unblock issues, create efficiencies, remove inefficiencies and share communications
- Proactively identifying project risks that affect timeline, sequencing or quality and creating mitigation plans to address
- Identifying and implementing the most effective project management tools for each task based on the team’s working cadence - such as google sheets, Slack, emails, JIRA, etc
- Problem-solving issues that will inevitably arise and being proactive and creative in unblocking and resolving these issues
A bit about you:
- 5+ years project management or producer experience
- You are comfortable orchestrating complex projects across engineering, art, design and product disciplines, and across multiple timezones
- You enjoy variety and are willing to work across both game development and out of game products (e.g. website marketplace / NFT sales/blockchain integration)
- You find that you are always the one taking initiative and being proactive, telling others what resources, input or decisions you need to get stuff done
- Organisation comes naturally, and you are great at taking actions, assigning clear owners, documenting timeline and next actions and prioritising the backlog
- You are a clear communicator and the ‘glue’ that holds the team together
- You solve problems rather than just identifying them and enjoy finding creative ways to resolve issues and achieve your objectives
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- Experience as a producer in mobile game development
- Demonstrated interest in mobile RPGs, blockchain or blockchain games
- Experience with project management of website-related products
Some of the things we can offer you:
- Competitive salary, plus equity
- Flexibility to work from home regularly
- Located near Central Station in Surry Hills with a rooftop
- Regular, fun social events where we can relax and connect with our teammates
- We provide you with all the hardware and an additional $750 to set up your new home office
- A very supportive, fun and progressive environment
- Perkbox benefits including premium access to calm, an online fitness portal and discounts at major retailers
- Thousands of courses on Go1, Udemy and Naspers
- Access to 24/7 counselling service for you and your family
Immutable is an Australian-based company and market leader in scaling blockchain marketplaces. Immutable is creating a trading ecosystem that’s more accessible, empowers and rewards people in digital ownership. Their goal is to make the whole world tradable on Ethereum.
Through the Immutable X platform, the company is bringing transparency to the opaque world of digital asset economies (NFTs,non-fungible tokens), providing sellers and buyers true digital property rights. Immutable builds infrastructure for marketplaces developers can provide better value to their users and introduce free-market economies inside their games.
Immutable X is the first Layer 2 scaling solution for NFTs on Ethereum, with instant trade confirmation, massive scalability (9,000 TPS+), zero gas fees -- without compromising user custody.
Immutable is responsible for launching the most successful blockchain Trading Card Game, Gods Unchained, which is headed up by Chris Clay, the former director of Magic the Gathering Arena.
Ethereum developers minting onto Immutable X include SuperfarmDAO, (defi NFT farm), Epics.GG,(collectibles) Illuvium (auto battler RPG), Lucid Sight (MLB Champions Baseball, Crypto Space Commander), War Riders (post-apocalyptic MMO), Gods Unchained (TCG) and Guild of Guardians (mobile RPG).