Skip to main content

New idea on Sumea - coming real soon!

• In my first and previous post in this game dev log entry, I had written that I wanted to do a game which was a collection of simple retro games. Unity released a new major release (2019.3) while I was putting the initial project together, and I…

• Well, I'm making a game . I'm spending the next few weeks on making a small game to showcase the gamedev log feature on tsumea where any member can create a game entry and other members can post journal posts with art, music or just development…

• Just a test #2. Still working on the new section.

• So, I got a Commodore 64 when I was in the 4th grade. It came bundled with a Rolf Harris picture building program on casette tape which never loaded properly but from what I could tell by its box cover, you could build pictures from a selection…

• Yes, the site looks very different and I've had to prematurely switch to this new theme that I'm working on for a few reasons, the main one is that changing certain aspects of the site to fit the new theme will affect how the old one looks for…

• (this is just a test, please ignore this entry)

Here is some of my old work.. the first pic is of a 3d model of a human head I was working on about 2 years ago in 3dsmax, using nurbs. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't model a head with…

I currently work for

Submitted by souri on
Forum

Oh, the cogs in my brain started turning a bit an hour ago, and I came up with this great idea to start another fun thing on Sumea.. I won't tell you what it is yet, but it's gonna be great! [:D] It's somewhat art related, but the programmers and artisticly challenged among us can join in too..

Just had to let someone know. [:o)]

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 11/08/04 - 1:47 AM Permalink

so basicly what your saying is theres an idea which you wont tell us but damn we should be exited.... well hell im sold! :D

(and the ghost from the forum graves said.. weeeebcaaaam)

Submitted by souri on Wed, 11/08/04 - 2:16 AM Permalink

I was actually going to start work on the webcam thing this afternoon/tonight but I have to be off somewhere [:)]

And yeh, you'd better get excited!! I know it doesn't help since I haven't said what it is, but I love these small activities that gets everyone involved and in the end you have something cool to look at... Pixel Town was great, the next pixel subject will be cool too, but this idea is going to be fun, amusing, and unique only to Sumea [:D] [8D]

Submitted by Jason on Wed, 11/08/04 - 4:37 AM Permalink

Wow can't wait to find out what it is!

Submitted by Makk on Wed, 11/08/04 - 7:25 AM Permalink

Interesting....

Submitted by J I Styles on Wed, 11/08/04 - 6:18 PM Permalink

I'd love to see a sumea paint chat channel :)

Submitted by souri on Wed, 11/08/04 - 8:26 PM Permalink

We had the Speed Paint every fortnight in the Sumea chat room which started off pretty good, but died off after a while. In the end, I think it was just me, Pantmonger, and someone else taking part.

Anyway, I want to get this new idea off the ground as soon as possible. It's going to be a whole new section on Sumea, and people will be able to rank contributions and everything. I just hope you'll find it exciting as I do. [:)] I just need to do some art for it first, but it should grow from there with everyone's help...

Submitted by palantir on Wed, 11/08/04 - 9:26 PM Permalink

I'm excited!!, Big Kev style [:D]

Looking forward to the next pixel activity also [:)]

Submitted by souri on Thu, 09/09/04 - 2:13 AM Permalink

Ok, this idea is a mammoth task. Not only do I have to do all the initial art assets (we're talking about tonnes of art here), but I have to look into ways of using Macromedia Flash (which I haven't used since version 3) and assets dynamically with a database.

d[>.<]b

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 09/09/04 - 3:54 AM Permalink

dammit we cant get exited without spoilers, we demand spoilers dammit! :P

Submitted by davidcoen on Fri, 10/09/04 - 2:30 AM Permalink

a sprite based orthorgraphic MUD/ sumea chat rooms with user editable avatarts (32x32 pixels and some 16 frames of animation (4 idle, 4 walk, 4 cheer, 4 angry) ?

Submitted by Kane on Fri, 10/09/04 - 4:40 AM Permalink

wow...my brain has just erupted with joy...[:D]

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 10/09/04 - 5:30 AM Permalink

i think coen was guessing, not knowing

Submitted by souri on Fri, 10/09/04 - 8:56 AM Permalink

Hey, that sounds pretty cool.

Submitted by Rapid on Sat, 11/09/04 - 10:11 PM Permalink

Something like "Sumea Kingdom" or Continent of Sumea" where everyone can contribute designs for characters, creatures, monsters, landscapes, or even stories of a world? [?]

Submitted by souri on Sun, 12/09/04 - 2:30 AM Permalink

You guys are submitting better ideas than what I've had planned. >.<

That would be great, but I have no idea how to program a mud [:D]

Submitted by RasTuS on Tue, 14/09/04 - 4:09 AM Permalink

heh.. reminds me of the red vs blue public service announcement about halo 2

interesting...

:D

Submitted by MoonUnit on Tue, 14/09/04 - 4:23 AM Permalink

lol i was watching that the other day XP
to play the part then: "well im completely stoked" :D

Posted by souri on
Forum

Oh, the cogs in my brain started turning a bit an hour ago, and I came up with this great idea to start another fun thing on Sumea.. I won't tell you what it is yet, but it's gonna be great! [:D] It's somewhat art related, but the programmers and artisticly challenged among us can join in too..

Just had to let someone know. [:o)]

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 11/08/04 - 1:47 AM Permalink

so basicly what your saying is theres an idea which you wont tell us but damn we should be exited.... well hell im sold! :D

(and the ghost from the forum graves said.. weeeebcaaaam)

Submitted by souri on Wed, 11/08/04 - 2:16 AM Permalink

I was actually going to start work on the webcam thing this afternoon/tonight but I have to be off somewhere [:)]

And yeh, you'd better get excited!! I know it doesn't help since I haven't said what it is, but I love these small activities that gets everyone involved and in the end you have something cool to look at... Pixel Town was great, the next pixel subject will be cool too, but this idea is going to be fun, amusing, and unique only to Sumea [:D] [8D]

Submitted by Jason on Wed, 11/08/04 - 4:37 AM Permalink

Wow can't wait to find out what it is!

Submitted by Makk on Wed, 11/08/04 - 7:25 AM Permalink

Interesting....

Submitted by J I Styles on Wed, 11/08/04 - 6:18 PM Permalink

I'd love to see a sumea paint chat channel :)

Submitted by souri on Wed, 11/08/04 - 8:26 PM Permalink

We had the Speed Paint every fortnight in the Sumea chat room which started off pretty good, but died off after a while. In the end, I think it was just me, Pantmonger, and someone else taking part.

Anyway, I want to get this new idea off the ground as soon as possible. It's going to be a whole new section on Sumea, and people will be able to rank contributions and everything. I just hope you'll find it exciting as I do. [:)] I just need to do some art for it first, but it should grow from there with everyone's help...

Submitted by palantir on Wed, 11/08/04 - 9:26 PM Permalink

I'm excited!!, Big Kev style [:D]

Looking forward to the next pixel activity also [:)]

Submitted by souri on Thu, 09/09/04 - 2:13 AM Permalink

Ok, this idea is a mammoth task. Not only do I have to do all the initial art assets (we're talking about tonnes of art here), but I have to look into ways of using Macromedia Flash (which I haven't used since version 3) and assets dynamically with a database.

d[>.<]b

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 09/09/04 - 3:54 AM Permalink

dammit we cant get exited without spoilers, we demand spoilers dammit! :P

Submitted by davidcoen on Fri, 10/09/04 - 2:30 AM Permalink

a sprite based orthorgraphic MUD/ sumea chat rooms with user editable avatarts (32x32 pixels and some 16 frames of animation (4 idle, 4 walk, 4 cheer, 4 angry) ?

Submitted by Kane on Fri, 10/09/04 - 4:40 AM Permalink

wow...my brain has just erupted with joy...[:D]

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 10/09/04 - 5:30 AM Permalink

i think coen was guessing, not knowing

Submitted by souri on Fri, 10/09/04 - 8:56 AM Permalink

Hey, that sounds pretty cool.

Submitted by Rapid on Sat, 11/09/04 - 10:11 PM Permalink

Something like "Sumea Kingdom" or Continent of Sumea" where everyone can contribute designs for characters, creatures, monsters, landscapes, or even stories of a world? [?]

Submitted by souri on Sun, 12/09/04 - 2:30 AM Permalink

You guys are submitting better ideas than what I've had planned. >.<

That would be great, but I have no idea how to program a mud [:D]

Submitted by RasTuS on Tue, 14/09/04 - 4:09 AM Permalink

heh.. reminds me of the red vs blue public service announcement about halo 2

interesting...

:D

Submitted by MoonUnit on Tue, 14/09/04 - 4:23 AM Permalink

lol i was watching that the other day XP
to play the part then: "well im completely stoked" :D