Authored onThursday, 4 February, 2021 - 3:43 PM
Halfbrick is a game developing studio that is globally recognised for its success with phone games such as Fruit Ninja and Jetpack Joyride. Headquartered in Brisbane, with awesome teams around the world, we pride ourselves on creating games that people remember for a lifetime. Halfbrick is one of Australia’s longest running and most successful game developers. Our success is built on a culture that encourages passion, enthusiasm, a willingness to learn and an openness towards trying different approaches to how we make games.
Why you’ll love it
We believe our culture is a leading factor to our success and helps us to attract and retain the best talent! We work hard to foster an intensely collaborative, fun, and creative environment, with training and professional growth opportunities at our forefront. We strongly believe and endorse equal opportunity employment and value diversity at Halfbrick. We’re a tight knit crew who celebrate self-expression, and hey, some perks never hurt either.
Here are just a few of the things we like to offer our Bricks:
• Salary sacrificing for phones, laptops, gaming consoles, superannuation and novated lease.
• Relocation assistance.
• Career development and mentorship.
• Mental health support.
• Treats on your birthday.
• Flexible working hours.
• Part time work options.
• Remote working.
• Open management without bureaucracy.
• Extra leave benefits.
• Loads of social events.
• Awesome rewards and recognition opportunities.
About the opportunity
Halfbrick is looking for a Game Developer to lead our game client-server architecture design and systems implementation. As part of Halfbrick, you will help the game teams build their business through multiplayer functionality, advertising, in-app purchase, business intelligence and analytics. You will ensure quality system design, implementation and integration of our game client-server architecture to satisfy high availability and scalability targets.
• Develop all core game systems: gameplay, UI, asset management, etc.
• Realtime pipeline development
• Interactive application design & development
• Unreal Engine application development
• Houdini processing and Pipeline
• Unity Augmented Reality / ARKit app development
• Unreal Engine Virtual and Mixed Reality application planning and development
• Architectural development of enterprise games
• Testing / QA processes in software development
• Leading teams in software planning and creative development
• Project management / SCRUM
• Hiring / training new developers
• Build on and consistently improve existing codebase
• Profile and optimise to ensure consistently high performance
• Integrate third party SDKs as required
• Question and seek information from peers
• Demonstrate capability and high-quality work
• Maintain excellent file organisation and follow established processes
• Quickly disseminate and adopt new processes and methodology
• Actively participate in creative meetings, contributing viable ideas
• Constructively contribute to team culture through positive attitude
• Check own work for quality and accuracy
• Most importantly, help create awesome games!
• Relevant Bachelor’s degree
• 3+ years’ experience in games or real-time 3D applications
• Excellent programming skills in C# and/or C++
• Excellent knowledge of Unity game engine
• Experience with VR - at least one shipped project
• Proficiency with 3D maths and 3D data processing
• Good knowledge of modern graphics pipeline
• Applicable knowledge of software development patterns
• Performance-minded development and optimisation skills
• Good intuition for game design and interaction
• Experience developing and optimising for mobile devices
• Experience with shader programming / visual effects
• Experience with console development
• Experience with Unreal engine
• Understanding of cloud services relating to game development
The successful candidate
Perhaps you’ve spent one too many nights up late gaming. Maybe you have really flexible thumbs. Possibly you have a vendetta for fruit. Either way, you love our games and you want to be part of creating something special! If you think you have what it takes to raise our talent bar, then you're exactly what we're looking for.
Some other bits about you:
• Talented and experienced.
• Confident in your skills.
• Interested and concerned with the details.
• Passionate about mobile games.
• A clear and concise communicator.
• A true team player.
• Poised, not scared to speak up with the team, and mature.
• A proactive and positive thinker.