Authored onTuesday, 10 August, 2021 - 9:18 AM
Halfbrick is a game developing studio that is globally recognised for its success with phone games such as Fruit Ninja and Jetpack Joyride. Headquartered in Brisbane, with awesome teams around the world, we pride ourselves on creating games that people remember for a lifetime. Halfbrick is one of Australia’s longest running and most successful game developers. Our success is built on a culture that encourages passion, enthusiasm, a willingness to learn and an openness towards trying different approaches to how we make games.
Why you’ll love it
We believe our culture is a leading factor to our success and helps us to attract and retain the best talent! We work hard to foster an intensely collaborative, fun, and creative environment, with training and professional growth opportunities at our forefront. We strongly believe and endorse equal opportunity employment and value diversity at Halfbrick. We’re a tight knit crew who celebrate self-expression, and hey, some perks never hurt either.
Here are just a few of the things we like to offer our Bricks:
- Salary sacrificing for phones, laptops, gaming consoles, superannuation and novated lease.
- Relocation assistance.
- Career development and mentorship.
- Mental health support.
- Treats on your birthday.
- Flexible working hours.
- Part time work options.
- Remote working.
- Open management without bureaucracy.
- Extra leave benefits.
- Loads of social events.
- Awesome rewards and recognition opportunities.
About the opportunity
Halfbrick is seeking to expand into previously uncharted territory! We are seeking candidates that are excited by the prospects of creative freedom in developing new games, new IP, and new experiences for both PC and Console!
We have an exciting new opportunity for a VFX Artist to join us and work with the Jetpack Joyride 2 team. We are committed to growing our employees, and you will be given the opportunity to grow inside a friendly and professional team. You will be among hard-working, dedicated, and incredibly talented individuals. In order to maintain this, we like to constantly raise our talent bar, and only hire the best! In return for offering us a skill set that is unmatched and a talent for what you do, you’ll be surrounded by company that is incredibly bright, supportive, and creative.
- Expert knowledge of particle systems
- Advanced shader knowledge
- Frame by Frame VFX animation
- Being able to produce 2D and 3D VFX
- Works within the technical limitations of a variety of game engines.
- Matches the required art style of a project
- A strong desire to raise the quality bar on any project
- Excellent ability to capture the vision/concept OR A strong interest in developing new styles and experimenting
- Knowledge of Magic Particles
The successful candidate
Perhaps you’ve spent one too many nights up late gaming. Maybe you have really flexible thumbs. Possibly you have a vendetta for fruit. Either way, you love our games and you want to be part of creating something special! If you think you have what it takes to raise our talent bar, then you're exactly what we're looking for.
Some other bits about you:
- Talented and experienced.
- Confident in your skills.
- Interested and concerned with the details.
- Passionate about mobile games.
- A clear and concise communicator.
- A true team player.
- Poised, not scared to speak up with the team, and mature.
- A proactive and positive thinker.