Authored byTwo Bulls
Authored onMonday, 18 October, 2021 - 8:07 AM
Two Bulls partners with a wide variety of forward-thinking organisations to solve complex problems, deliver meaningful solutions, and forge the future. We build with human-centered design, innovative technology and thoughtful processes to craft impactful and important experiences.
Do you know how to build a machine learning vision system for traffic safety? How about working with bluetooth devices that measure asthma conditions? Or even using VR to help children deal with vaccination? Neither did we initially until we formed squads around each problem, dissected them into smaller challenges to tackle and then built the entire thing - top to bottom.
We’re a band of roughly 80 people located in the heart of Melbourne, Collingwood. We look at today’s landscape of emerging technology and build tomorrow's solutions. We solve real problems and deliver impactful experiences to humans on the other side of the screen.
At the core of everything we do, are our talented people. We focus on creating an environment where the best come together to solve difficult problems with a playful mindset. We are experts in our field and bring excellence to everything we do!
We’re on the hunt for an Art Director who motivates, inspires, and supports the team to create compelling and artistically outstanding work. As an empathetic leader, the Art Director provides the art team with guidance and gets their encouraged ideas to help to shape an artistic direction. They have the talent and expertise to jump in and help produce visual content that is high quality and is aligned with the creative vision.
The Art Director can lead the design and style of digital products whilst coordinating and overseeing the work. This role requires the ability to balance the creative capability of the team, whilst providing them mentorship to inspire exceptional creative thinking and a high standard of work.
The Art Director will have a natural eye for design and a passion for delivering dynamic ideas that connect with and meet the needs of our audiences.
- Lead a talented art team to deliver on projects and find creative solutions to technical challenges.
- Review and approve work developed by the art team. Provide clear, objective, constructive, and empathetic critiques of creative work.
- Define a game or product’s visual direction in collaboration with the relevant stakeholders (put together mood boards, references, and descriptions)
- Roll up your sleeves and demonstrate exceptional artistic talent
- Help and mentor individual designers to develop their design skills, and grow as team members and artists.
- Guide other artists to complete projects to a standard that meets or exceeds our client expectations.
- Identify opportunities for improving design processes and technologies, and collaborate with the team to implement them.
We’re looking someone (awesome) with the following experience:
- 7+ years experience in Games, with at least 3 years in a lead or management position
- Passion for games development and strong game culture
- Strong working knowledge of current tools (Maya, 3DS max, Blender, Zbrush, Substance)
- Experience with Unreal and VR tech pipelines
- Demonstrable skills in all aspects of art direction (visual design, UI design, usability, style, composition, principles of animation and technical execution)
- Exceptional design aesthetics and craft
- Experience producing work for multiple platforms (ie. apps, console, PC, web,, etc)
- Experience working with external clients, desirable.
Let us take care of you while you take care of our clients.
We’re flexible, although we prefer to call it 'Flexi-Bull’! We don’t mind how or when you work just as long as you can be online during business hours. Life, families and pandemics happen and we appreciate how hard it is to balance everything, everyday!
You'll also have access to our ‘Bulls with Benefits’ offering. This includes an abundance of additional leave offerings (think Doona Day, Birthday leave and Parental leave options for all), annual working from home allowances and access to development opportunities. We’re innovators and are always learning. Want to learn something new? Let us help you get there!
This is your chance to be part of a team of humans - not job titles and skill-sets who come together in support, love and humanity to celebrate what makes each of us special. If that sounds like you, get in touch!
Check us out! https://www.twobulls.com/
Looking for more flexible work options in your next role? Let's have a chat about it! We at Two Bulls are really proud of our diverse, inclusive and collaborative culture. We’re always looking at ways that we can build and support a flexible workplace that allows our team to continue to balance work, life and everything in between!