Authored byStudio iO
Authored onWednesday, 2 February, 2022 - 12:02 PM
Studio iO is an independent game studio like no other. Join a very experienced team with big ideas and the funding and resources to provide amazing opportunities for our talented team. We love making games with a difference, and offer a fun and supportive working environment, fully funded by our US partner, a true entertainment giant! Most importantly we recognise individual contribution and are committed to rewarding our team over and above industry norms!
Play a key role in creating the next break out hits for our partners 140 MILLION subscribers to enjoy!
We are looking for talented, driven, and passionate gameplay engineers to help us build the best experiences possible for our upcoming games. You could be based anywhere, the only criteria is we are looking for talented team players who are not only excellent all around coders with both breadth and depth of technical skills, but also very passionate about - and experienced in creating - innovative games. A qualified candidate is very skilled at coding quality gameplay systems, is very familiar with Unity, a self motivated problem solver, emotionally intelligent and respectful of others, who thrives on being a key contributor in a small team and making something great.
- Driven to build and maintain the highest-quality experiences for players
- Skilled at writing code that is elegant and optimized
- Proficient at giving and receiving quality critique and feedback
- Self-starter willing to seek out solutions and ask questions when necessary
- Mindful of the needs of a team as individuals and as a whole
What You Bring To The Role
- 4+ years experience working with the Unity game engine.
- A proven track record of delivering completed games on iOS / Android.
- A deep understanding of the Unity game development pipeline and how to optimise development for it.
- Strong background in C#.
- Great communication skills and respect for the role of colleagues in design, art, animation, and audio.
- Creative, motivated, focused, and passionate about making games.
- Excellent time management
- A flexible, receptive and positive attitude, and a willingness to help others.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently to get the job done without day-to-day direction.
- Excellent Problem Solver!
What is a Developers Role at Studio iO?
- Assume responsibility for creating and maintaining the game systems for Studio iO’s current and upcoming projects
- Help create and maintain the game codebases by testing, analyzing, debugging, and optimizing
- Work closely with peers and leadership to develop features that are of a cohesive technical and creative vision
- Provide technical expertise to other departments where needed
- Learn new skills, tools, and workflows on the fly to adapt to current needs
- Have a can-do with the ability to turn a negative into a positive. No problem is too big, and a belief that anything is possible.
- Enjoy the flexibility and of working from remotely while becoming an invaluable key member of a very friendly and highly motivated team of likeminded creatives.