Authored byThe Academy of Interactive Entertainment
Authored onTuesday, 26 April, 2022 - 11:50 AM
Game Programming Trainer – AIE Canberra Campus
The Academy of Interactive Entertainment (AIE), the leading educator in Game Development, 3D Animation and VFX and Film, is looking for an experienced game programmer to deliver our Diploma (Game Programming) level course.
AIE's Game Programming course is a strongly practical and intensive course that focuses on industry-standard skills and knowledge. The successful applicant will deliver the course content, administer course requirements and review and assess learner work throughout the course.
The successful applicant will be working within a supportive and highly skilled team on the Sydney campus.
- Delivering programming course content for the Diploma and/or associated courses using a combination of lecture style sessions and practical tutorials
- Reviewing, as part of a team, current curriculum and updating as required
- Monitoring learner progress including attendance, skill development, informal and formal assessment
- Assessing learner work (practical and theoretical activities)
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge
- Detailed, practical, up-to-date knowledge of C++ and C# for game programming.
- Experience programming within Unity and/or UE4
- Currency with industry programming standards and ability to further own learning as required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to document learner instructions, provide feedback and explain complex programming concepts
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Ability to lead and mentor learners in group projects
- Relevant industry experience
- Prior teaching/training experience
- Formal qualification (Degree or higher) in a relevant area
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (or its equivalent)
- This is fulltime position with a 5-month probation period.
- Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
- Applicants need to be able to apply for, or currently hold, a current Police Check and Working with Children Check.
Applications should contain a cover letter addressing the skill and knowledge requirements as well as a résumé. For more information about the position please contact Lea Michael, Head of School via firstname.lastname@example.org