Authored byThe Academy of Interactive Entertainment
Authored onWednesday, 7 June, 2023 - 1:24 PM
The Academy of Interactive Entertainment (AIE) has earned much recognition as a leading educator for the game development, 3D animation and visual effects (VFX) industries with campuses in Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Adelaide, Seattle, Lafayette and Online.
AIE Sydney is looking for an VFX trainer with an industry background in Animation/Effects (Houdini).
In this role, you will be responsible for guiding learners through the development of their Animation/Effects portfolio projects and developing their existing skills to a professional, job-ready level. You will also lead a mixed discipline class in a simulated VFX studio environment throughout collaborative VFX productions.
This role is suitable for an industry proven Animator/Effects Artist looking to gain experience in training and/or supervising teams of artists.
- Facilitating Animation/Houdini class sessions
- Assisting learners in developing their Animation/Houdini and Effects skills to a professional level
- Guiding learners through the selection, development, and presentation of portfolio projects
- Troubleshooting Animation/Houdini related challenges throughout project development
- Planning of collaborative VFX projects
- Production coordination of collaborative VFX projects
- Development of training materials
- Assessing the professional competency of learners
- Documenting learner attendance and progress
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience as an Animator/Effects in the feature film or television visual effects industry
- In-depth skills and knowledge in Maya and/or SideFX Houdini
- Foundational knowledge and skills in other pipeline stages of VFX production
- Strong leadership ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An Advanced Diploma level qualification or above
Desirable Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in lighting and rendering using Renderman and Katana
- Foundational software knowledge in Nuke, Houdini, Zbrush, Substance/Mari, and 3dEqualizer
- Production coordination using Shotgrid
- Experience in teaching/training
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
Applications should contain a Cover Letter addressing the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities requirements as well as a Résumé.
- This is a full time/part time position with 5-month probation period
- Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
- Applicants need to be able to apply for, or currently hold, a current Police Check and Working with Children Check
To find out more, get in touch with Alexandra Mannell, Head of School – Sydney Campus via firstname.lastname@example.org