Authored byDigital Lode
Authored onThursday, 14 April, 2022 - 2:36 PM
Senior 3D Artist - VR Games
(Generalist, or Specialist in Environment, Hero Assets or Lighting)
Digital Lode seeks senior 3D Artists. Become an integral part of our team of skilled developers and help us create exciting VR stealth action experiences.
Digital Lode is an award-winning indie VR game developer based in Footscray, Melbourne. We’re a growing team of 24, working in a super fun, innovative start-up style environment. Our first released title, “Espire 1: VR Operative” is an epic VR stealth action game that has launched us into our next project and set us on the path of making consumer VR games. We’ve been at this since 2017 and are specialists in creating ‘standalone VR’ experiences. We see this as the perfect time to be delving deep in VR, where there are so many opportunities to prototype & establish new brands, and reimagine our favourite game mechanics in this new medium.
You have a passion for games and immersive media. You’re a seasoned 3D artist who has worked in games for at least 3 years, and has worked on at least 2 titles. You are either a generalist or a specialist in environment art, hero assets or lighting. You are familiar with the 3D production pipeline and can own an asset from block-out to being fully optimised and game ready.
Digital Lode is a super-ambitious team committed to making best-in-class games in Virtual Reality. Connected by our passion for immersive media, the team shares, shows and plays what they create; curious to discover and invent new out-of-the-box ways in which players can get lost in play. We love immersive media and have more than a few VR evangelists in our midst.
- Produce engaging game-ready assets and visuals for VR platforms
- Asset Optimization, LOD creation
- Level Optimizations, Collision, ProxyLOD, HLOD systems, lightmaps, Instances
- Pipeline improvement & documentation
- Collaborate with Art Lead to reinforce art style and resolve stylistic questions
- Mentor junior Artists
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong working knowledge of Maya, Substance Painter/Designer & Photoshop
- 4+ years experience as a 3D artist
- PBR material portfolio
- Ability to work well with others collaboratively and prioritise work based on needs of the project
- A tolerance for cats
Bonus points to applicants with:
- Unreal and VR tech pipeline experience
- Shader experience
- Graphic design experience
- Experience working with Agile and Scrum development frameworks
If this sounds like you, please send us your resume, portfolio and a personal note telling us why you’d like to work with us. If you’re interested and would like to learn more, send an expression of interest to us at jobs[at]espirevr.com