With several AAA titles from some of the world’s best publishers in the pipeline, we're looking for a Video Game Programmer who is eager to help us deliver the consistent level of quality and service our Tantalus business is renowned for across the globe.
Tantalus Media forms part of the Keywords Studios group, one of the world’s biggest “go-to” providers of technical services across the games industry with 70+ studios across 23 countries.
With over 100 games under our belt, including franchises such as Age of Empires, The Legend of Zelda, Cities Skylines, Sonic Mania and Mass Effect just to name a few.
- We're looking for several experienced Game Programmers who are eager to help us deliver the consistent level of quality and service our Tantalus business is renowned for across the globe.
- You will join our growing team of developers and work on building various game features within Tantalus
- Become part of our vibrant and collaborative team
- The role is based out in our vibrant Fitzroy office!
- Working closely with producers, game designers and artists to implement game features using C++ and/or Lua to a project schedule
- Testing, debugging, refining, optimising and maintaining game functionality on console and PC platforms.
- Staying up to date with new technologies and architectures
- Following Tantalus' standards and best practices
- Assisting and mentoring other programmers in your areas of expertise
Skills, Abilities and Qualifications
- Excellent programming skills in a strongly typed language such as C, C++, or C#
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong skills in at least one game related discipline (e.g. 3D Maths, AI, Physics, UI, etc.)
- Ability to write clear, maintainable code
- Demonstrated ability to create and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and pleasant personality
- Ability to ramp up quickly with unfamiliar code bases or technical skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent experience
- A genuine enthusiasm and passion for the games industry
- 2 years' professional software development experience
- Experience interfacing with 3D art applications (e.g. Maya)
- Ability to quickly ramp up on unfamiliar code bases or technical skills
Benefits and perks
- Competitive Market Rate Remuneration
- We offer flexible working arrangement - Full-time/Part-time workings and remote.
- Best of both worlds - Perks of a global business with the intimacy of a small business
- And the best part – you get to be part of the next generation of designers and learn from some of the best in the industry
We pride ourselves on having a diverse and inclusive workplace, as different perspectives and ideas will deliver our long-term success.
Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and other minority groups are encouraged to apply.
Please email Talentau@keywordsstudios.com with your CV and cover letter attached, and include the words 'Video Game Programmer' in the subject line of your email.