Authored byWayne Simmons
Authored onMonday, 1 August, 2022 - 2:16 PM
At Playlunch Games, we believe everyone can enjoy and gain more confidence in maths. By supporting children and their families to have fun and enjoy using maths, we believe we can improve the educational outcomes of millions of children worldwide and help stem the global decline in maths participation.
Our game, Town Squared, is designed to close the loop between the maths we do at school, and the maths we all need in real life.
Town Squared presents maths in playful ways, letting children apply the maths they learn at school in an immersive multiplayer environment with their friends. We believe that by creating a shared positive experience with maths for peer groups and families, will increase confidence, enjoyment and help overcome maths anxiety.
We are continuing to grow our team here at Playlunch Games and are currently looking for a talented Senior Unreal Gameplay Programmer to join our team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working closely with game designers and artists to implement gameplay features in Unreal Engine using C++ and or Blueprints.
- Assisting and mentoring other programmers.
- Testing, debugging and maintaining game functionality on iOS and PC platforms.
- Staying up to date with new technologies and architectures.
- Assisting with planning, estimating and adjusting production workloads in-line with team sprints and release schedules.
- Joining a deeply passionate founding team, at the ground floor.
- Excellent programming skills in C, C++, or C#.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong skills in 3d game development.
- Ability to write clear, maintainable code.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver to deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- A genuine enthusiasm and passion for the games industry.
- Experience using Azure PlayFab.
- Experience with Multiplayer game development.
- Experience with Mac OS X.
- A desire to broaden your skill-set.
Experience & qualifications:
- 4+ years of game development experience.
- Experience creating games with Unreal Engine using C++ and Blueprints.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven experience with at least one shipped title.
What we offer
- Flexible working arrangements (hours, location)
- Creative environment where everyone can participate in design
- Career development opportunities
- Valuable work making a great project for kids
- Committed to a diverse and inclusive working environment.
As a new company with a strong growth plan, we’re actively looking to give our team members the opportunity to be part of that growth. If you want to learn and develop your role as the company grows, please apply.
Applying for the position
Please send your CV and a cover letter to Wayne Simmons - firstname.lastname@example.org with the role you are applying for in the subject line.
No agencies please.