About the role:
Permanent full-time on-site in Wellington, NZ – 40 hours per week – $100k+ based on experience. International applicants are welcome to apply, but must keep in mind the visa requirements for immigration.
We’re Dinosaur Polo Club, an award-winning video game studio full of lovely people making games in Te Whanganui-a-Tara Wellington, Aotearoa New Zealand.
After developing and supporting two successful titles, Mini Metro and Mini Motorways, we’re growing in size and are on the look-out for an enthusiastic and experienced Head of Marketing & Community to join our team. Positive and professional with great organisational and interpersonal skills, they will be helping us to support our wonderful community management and marketing teams across projects. Hopefully this person is you!
We’re looking for someone with several years of experience in the world of marketing and communications, and experience leading and supporting teams. Our Marketing & Community departments are still developing, and this role is vital to establishing those teams and providing confident leadership. The Head of Marketing and Community is a brand new role at Dinosaur Polo Club and will work closely with our team to improve the way the department operates within our wider team. As the Head of Marketing & Community you’ll be responsible for ensuring the team is well-resourced, follows best practice, and works effectively with our other departments.
What you'll do in this role:
- Lead, build and support our wonderful community management and marketing teams to help them thrive at Dinosaur Polo Club.
- Support the development of your team by conducting 1:1s, establishing clear professional development goals and providing regular feedback.
- Oversee all projects in the Marketing & Community Department from a delivery and resource perspective and ensure they’re well-resourced to meet deadlines.
- Facilitate the mentorship of the Marketing and Community Management teams, offering guidance and coaching where necessary.
- Nurture a close working relationship with your department and wider team, liaising with the other departments to ensure a robust understanding of implementation requirements.
- Support your team to develop, plan, and execute global marketing campaigns across Dinosaur Polo Club’s game and studio brands – including digital and mainstream media, PR, and events.
- Support your team in building and maintaining rewarding relationships with our external partners, such as our international PR agencies and collaborators in the press, working together effectively to achieve successful campaigns;
- Support your team in ensuring the social media accounts of our games reflect current best practices of their respective channels and support key marketing and messaging goals.
- Support your team in building and maintaining influencer relations and content creation.
- Regularly take part in reviews, being comfortable with both offering and responding to creative feedback from others in the team.
- Lead the improvement of the studio’s workflow, tools, and creative direction and bring others in the team along the journey.
- Share knowledge, recommend best practices, and champion a culture of learning within the Marketing and Community Management departments.
- Be a part of both a department and studio team, actively seeking to develop a method of communicating that is understandable to those outside of your immediate department and foster cross-department collaborations as well as communication between our developers and our players.
The skills and experience we're looking for:
- At least five years’ professional experience working within the marketing and/or community management fields in the games industry or a similar creative industry;
- Fantastic organisation skills and a high level of initiative is critical;
- Experience leading teams and managing people;
- Ability to support and mentor other members of the team;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluent in English;
- An interest in promoting unique and high-quality video games;
- Dedication to working in a professional, inclusive, and supportive environment. As a Head of Department you will be responsible for ensuring all of these qualities are maintained within our team.
Your skills may also include:
- A tertiary qualification in Marketing, Communications or an equivalent field would be nice to have, but is not essential.
- Experience working with the press and public relations teams to disseminate press releases and encourage coverage and interviews as part of our media campaigns.
- Experience working in Community Management
At Dinosaur Polo Club we value a healthy work-life balance where our dinos can flourish both inside and outside of the studio. We have a creative team, opportunities for growth, and a wholesome, supportive studio environment.
We value diversity and believe that our team should be as varied and wonderful as the people who play our games all around the world. Differences such as disabilities, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity and any other aspects of various cultures and identities are important perspectives that contribute to an inclusive, well-rounded, and engaging work environment. We know we’re creating better games when we have varied perspectives and experiences contributing to them. Women, LGBTQ+ community, Māori and Pasifika – we want to hear from you!
If there is anything we can do to allow for easier participation in the interview process, please let us know at email@example.com.
What we can offer:
- A lovely bunch of skilled and enthusiastic team members for you to work alongside.
- Generous training allowance for things such as conferences, workshops, online courses and self-directed learning.
- Dedicated training days.
- A studio trialing a four day work week
- Support structure including regular one-on-ones.
- Team activities such as a quarterly pot-luck lunch, movie nights at the studio, holiday functions and more.
- Healthy snacks, yummy treats, and close proximity to some of Wellington’s best eateries! Plus an impressive array of locally made tea and coffee.
- Quarterly personal discretionary wellness allowance.
- Quarterly bonuses based on studio performance.
- Monthly workplace massages.
- Friday afternoon socials.
- Flexible workplace with core hours and optional work-from-home days.