Skip to main content

• the tsumea app is finally here for iOS (iPhone, iPad)! Everything you have on here (Gamedev jobs, Member's art, Industry listings) and more! It's free and there's no ad tracking. Get it now!

• tsumea now has a new section where those looking for work (including students who've graduated or are nearing graduation) can get listed so potential employers can know who's out there and available…

• Earlier this year, we completed the mammoth task of migrating and rebuilding tsumea so that it was set on a new solid foundation that we could build upon. One of the…

• We have an official Discord channel! The primary purpose of our discord channel will be for website support (account creation issues, suggestions etc), as well as for disseminating our job posts and news. We have a fair few avenues for our users…

• Just a quick notice to let everyone know that you can post News again on tsumea. This feature was  disabled quite some time ago when we stopped posting daily news and reports on tsumea since it was such a time consuming procedure for our…

• Well, it's done and it's working! The new tsumea has been months of arduous work, a whole lot of which went into migrating the data, and planning and rebuilding the site all over again. But now it's a whole lot more structured, organised, and…

• Well, the forum has certainly been a sore point of the site for quite some time now. It used to be one of the most active parts of tsumea for a good part of a decade, but a whole lot of factors have contributed to its slow decline. Forum fatigue…

• For the last couple of years, we've been on auto-pilot (development wise) on tsumea, settling on a smaller focus for the site. A bunch of the features that we've had since the site began (news, articles, events, media, and games listing) were…

• Hi there folks, I thought I'd write a little bit about the new games section on tsumea that I’ve been working on for the last two and a bit weeks. This will be in two parts, the first will be a look back at the various iterations at the games…

• This is an example post for a devlog. Just post a journal and tag it with your game title and it will show up there.

Submitted by tsumea on
Forum

All forum members from the old forum who can't log in:

* You need to reset your password. Click the log in link in the forum and then on "forgotten password". You'll have to enter your forum username and email address, and a new password will be sent off to you. You can then log in and change your password to whatever you like.

Souri2006-09-21 14:35:29

Submitted by Makk on Thu, 21/09/06 - 10:02 AM Permalink

Where is my bucket of ice!!!!1!37 I demanded some ice. Have at you! *shakes fist*

Submitted by J I Styles on Thu, 21/09/06 - 2:01 PM Permalink

Another point, in addition to resetting your password you may need to request an authenication email to change anything.

Submitted by shouldbemoonie on Thu, 21/09/06 - 2:30 PM Permalink

Hey its MoonUnit, ive no idea what i set as my email account in my
MoonUnit account because it tells me its incorrect. So is it possible
for you to change it to moonie1988 (at) gmail (dot) com or just change
my password for me or some such? email me at that address if you want
to just give me a password or something. I can prove my idendity or
something if need be..... you (souri) made a game (or tried to)
attempting to get me into as many bars as possible like 2 or so AGDCs
ago. One sucessfull attempt was the sports bar at crown. IT IS I!

Submitted by souri on Thu, 21/09/06 - 3:04 PM Permalink

For anyone else who can't remember the email account they registered with, instead of registering again here to tell me, go to http://www.sumea.com.au/scontact.asp and let me know your forum username and your current email address so I can forward you the email address that you registered with.

So with that username and the old email address, you can reset your password, which will be sent to the old email address. If your old email address is defunct, then you'll have to prove to me somehow that you're that person.

Submitted by Kalescent on Thu, 21/09/06 - 3:14 PM Permalink

Souri,

Is it possible to include the 'what new topics have popped up since i last arrived' button to this forum ?

If im blind, ignore my ramblings, but that single button is a damn huge advantage over SOOOOOO many other forums.

Otherwise, let the good times roll

Submitted by Neffy on Thu, 21/09/06 - 4:59 PM Permalink

Neffy almost went insane retyping her password very carefully -_-

Submitted by Brain on Thu, 21/09/06 - 5:01 PM Permalink

FORUM! *hugs* Oh how I missed thee! :D

Submitted by Tron on Thu, 21/09/06 - 5:11 PM Permalink

Are we going to get the old look back?

EDIT:

Ok, found one bug upto now.

http://sumea.com.au/sumeaforum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4094

Caroo had the most recent topic in the design discussion forum, but it doesn't appear at the top of the topic listing when you load the page (on the main page however where every sub-forum is listed it credits him as having last post)Tron2006-09-21 07:21:43

Submitted by Caroo on Thu, 21/09/06 - 5:28 PM Permalink

AHHHH! My designer posts have lost all formitting..

WHY WORLD!! WHY HAND M SUCH A CRUEL FATE!!

T_T now...do i bother to fix them...

Submitted by souri on Thu, 21/09/06 - 5:36 PM Permalink

Yeh, some sections (for example, the jobs listings) don't show the most recent posts. The posts are there but they're not ordered entirely correctly. This is due to some quackery during the database transition. However, as more posts are added, it'll all sort itself out.

Yeh, I'll be making the forum look better, and those banner ads will be gone soon.Souri2006-09-21 14:34:54

Submitted by Tron on Thu, 21/09/06 - 6:00 PM Permalink

[QUOTE=Souri] Yeh, some sections (for example, the jobs listings) don't show the most recent posts. The posts are there but they're not ordered entirely correctly. This is due to some quackery during the database transition. However, as more posts are added, it'll all sort itself out.

Caroo, try editing your posts and submitting (in most cases this will fix things up). Although you may have to change the forum code for headings.

Yeh, I'll be making the forum look better, and those banner ads will be gone soon.[/QUOTE]

it seems that bug only occurs on posts which had no replys. Adding a new reply to the messed up threads bumps them back to their rightful place. :D

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 21/09/06 - 9:32 PM Permalink

Thanks for sorting out the first issue souri. But now it seems i cant change my password, i get the following:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a005e'

Invalid use of Null: 'Replace'

/sumeaforum/functions/functions_filters.asp, line 524

Submitted by souri on Thu, 21/09/06 - 9:44 PM Permalink

You know, I actually know how to get around that. If you're on msn messenger sometime and I'm on, msg me. I'll have to modify that page and quickly revert it back when you're done. sumea at hotmail.com

btw, the case of the messed up emoticons is fixed. Everyone needs to go to their forum profile and choose yes to "Enable the WYSIWYG post editor"
under "Forum Preferences", otherwise when you edit or quote posts with emoticons, they get screwed up.

Submitted by redwyre on Fri, 22/09/06 - 1:21 AM Permalink

Ok, Souri and I stayed up late trying to make the forums better, so far we've fixed the line breaks to work how it was before (it's ok caroo, I removed them all from your edited posts), the quote formatting for old posts, and smilies in the plain text version of the reply form. There are still a few problems with editing posts in the plain text box, after editing a post with the WYSIWYG editor - still working on that.

Submitted by happy virus on Fri, 22/09/06 - 7:21 AM Permalink

has a question like this already been posted, if not I would just like to say that I can't view the images on the forums, can some1 tell me why?

Also I want to be a member of the sumea creative section but I cannot log in, can someone tell me how to create an account for that, thnx:)

Submitted by souri on Fri, 22/09/06 - 12:06 PM Permalink

You can register for a Sumea journal att this page.

The posts which contain images tht can't be viewed are all from the old forum - I'll get onto fixing that real soon.

Submitted by souri on Sat, 23/09/06 - 1:12 PM Permalink

Just a reminder for members not to update their old posts so that their images show up properly.

I'll be fixing this early next month (when my broadband gets unshaped )

Submitted by groovyone on Thu, 28/09/06 - 3:52 AM Permalink

[QUOTE=Souri] You can register for a Sumea journal att this page.

The posts which contain images tht can't be viewed are all from the old forum - I'll get onto fixing that real soon.[/QUOTE]

You forgot to add audio or design for what you are.

Also if you're Australian but are overseas does that preclude you now from holding a journal?

Submitted by souri on Thu, 28/09/06 - 7:08 AM Permalink

I'm currently working on designing the Sumea creative page, and adding audio or design as an option for the registration page is definately planned once I get the design up.
You can still apply if you're overseas but Australian.

Submitted by Morphine on Wed, 04/10/06 - 2:23 PM Permalink

Yay, finally able to log back in!

Posted by tsumea on
Forum

All forum members from the old forum who can't log in:

* You need to reset your password. Click the log in link in the forum and then on "forgotten password". You'll have to enter your forum username and email address, and a new password will be sent off to you. You can then log in and change your password to whatever you like.

Souri2006-09-21 14:35:29

Submitted by Makk on Thu, 21/09/06 - 10:02 AM Permalink

Where is my bucket of ice!!!!1!37 I demanded some ice. Have at you! *shakes fist*

Submitted by J I Styles on Thu, 21/09/06 - 2:01 PM Permalink

Another point, in addition to resetting your password you may need to request an authenication email to change anything.

Submitted by shouldbemoonie on Thu, 21/09/06 - 2:30 PM Permalink

Hey its MoonUnit, ive no idea what i set as my email account in my
MoonUnit account because it tells me its incorrect. So is it possible
for you to change it to moonie1988 (at) gmail (dot) com or just change
my password for me or some such? email me at that address if you want
to just give me a password or something. I can prove my idendity or
something if need be..... you (souri) made a game (or tried to)
attempting to get me into as many bars as possible like 2 or so AGDCs
ago. One sucessfull attempt was the sports bar at crown. IT IS I!

Submitted by souri on Thu, 21/09/06 - 3:04 PM Permalink

For anyone else who can't remember the email account they registered with, instead of registering again here to tell me, go to http://www.sumea.com.au/scontact.asp and let me know your forum username and your current email address so I can forward you the email address that you registered with.

So with that username and the old email address, you can reset your password, which will be sent to the old email address. If your old email address is defunct, then you'll have to prove to me somehow that you're that person.

Submitted by Kalescent on Thu, 21/09/06 - 3:14 PM Permalink

Souri,

Is it possible to include the 'what new topics have popped up since i last arrived' button to this forum ?

If im blind, ignore my ramblings, but that single button is a damn huge advantage over SOOOOOO many other forums.

Otherwise, let the good times roll

Submitted by Neffy on Thu, 21/09/06 - 4:59 PM Permalink

Neffy almost went insane retyping her password very carefully -_-

Submitted by Brain on Thu, 21/09/06 - 5:01 PM Permalink

FORUM! *hugs* Oh how I missed thee! :D

Submitted by Tron on Thu, 21/09/06 - 5:11 PM Permalink

Are we going to get the old look back?

EDIT:

Ok, found one bug upto now.

http://sumea.com.au/sumeaforum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4094

Caroo had the most recent topic in the design discussion forum, but it doesn't appear at the top of the topic listing when you load the page (on the main page however where every sub-forum is listed it credits him as having last post)Tron2006-09-21 07:21:43

Submitted by Caroo on Thu, 21/09/06 - 5:28 PM Permalink

AHHHH! My designer posts have lost all formitting..

WHY WORLD!! WHY HAND M SUCH A CRUEL FATE!!

T_T now...do i bother to fix them...

Submitted by souri on Thu, 21/09/06 - 5:36 PM Permalink

Yeh, some sections (for example, the jobs listings) don't show the most recent posts. The posts are there but they're not ordered entirely correctly. This is due to some quackery during the database transition. However, as more posts are added, it'll all sort itself out.

Yeh, I'll be making the forum look better, and those banner ads will be gone soon.Souri2006-09-21 14:34:54

Submitted by Tron on Thu, 21/09/06 - 6:00 PM Permalink

[QUOTE=Souri] Yeh, some sections (for example, the jobs listings) don't show the most recent posts. The posts are there but they're not ordered entirely correctly. This is due to some quackery during the database transition. However, as more posts are added, it'll all sort itself out.

Caroo, try editing your posts and submitting (in most cases this will fix things up). Although you may have to change the forum code for headings.

Yeh, I'll be making the forum look better, and those banner ads will be gone soon.[/QUOTE]

it seems that bug only occurs on posts which had no replys. Adding a new reply to the messed up threads bumps them back to their rightful place. :D

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 21/09/06 - 9:32 PM Permalink

Thanks for sorting out the first issue souri. But now it seems i cant change my password, i get the following:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a005e'

Invalid use of Null: 'Replace'

/sumeaforum/functions/functions_filters.asp, line 524

Submitted by souri on Thu, 21/09/06 - 9:44 PM Permalink

You know, I actually know how to get around that. If you're on msn messenger sometime and I'm on, msg me. I'll have to modify that page and quickly revert it back when you're done. sumea at hotmail.com

btw, the case of the messed up emoticons is fixed. Everyone needs to go to their forum profile and choose yes to "Enable the WYSIWYG post editor"
under "Forum Preferences", otherwise when you edit or quote posts with emoticons, they get screwed up.

Submitted by redwyre on Fri, 22/09/06 - 1:21 AM Permalink

Ok, Souri and I stayed up late trying to make the forums better, so far we've fixed the line breaks to work how it was before (it's ok caroo, I removed them all from your edited posts), the quote formatting for old posts, and smilies in the plain text version of the reply form. There are still a few problems with editing posts in the plain text box, after editing a post with the WYSIWYG editor - still working on that.

Submitted by happy virus on Fri, 22/09/06 - 7:21 AM Permalink

has a question like this already been posted, if not I would just like to say that I can't view the images on the forums, can some1 tell me why?

Also I want to be a member of the sumea creative section but I cannot log in, can someone tell me how to create an account for that, thnx:)

Submitted by souri on Fri, 22/09/06 - 12:06 PM Permalink

You can register for a Sumea journal att this page.

The posts which contain images tht can't be viewed are all from the old forum - I'll get onto fixing that real soon.

Submitted by souri on Sat, 23/09/06 - 1:12 PM Permalink

Just a reminder for members not to update their old posts so that their images show up properly.

I'll be fixing this early next month (when my broadband gets unshaped )

Submitted by groovyone on Thu, 28/09/06 - 3:52 AM Permalink

[QUOTE=Souri] You can register for a Sumea journal att this page.

The posts which contain images tht can't be viewed are all from the old forum - I'll get onto fixing that real soon.[/QUOTE]

You forgot to add audio or design for what you are.

Also if you're Australian but are overseas does that preclude you now from holding a journal?

Submitted by souri on Thu, 28/09/06 - 7:08 AM Permalink

I'm currently working on designing the Sumea creative page, and adding audio or design as an option for the registration page is definately planned once I get the design up.
You can still apply if you're overseas but Australian.

Submitted by Morphine on Wed, 04/10/06 - 2:23 PM Permalink

Yay, finally able to log back in!