Authored byGameloft Brisbane
Authored onMonday, 8 November, 2021 - 3:56 PM
Gameloft’s greatest reward is making games millions of people enjoy all around the World.
Gameloft has been proudly crafting games since 2000 and have been downloaded over 5 billion times and counting. Despicable Me 2 and Asphalt 8 are in the top 10 most downloaded mobile games ever.
Talented Gameloft employees all over the world have created several of the most successful franchises in mobile game history, such as Asphalt®, Dragon Mania Legends, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter.
Gameloft's employees put passion into every pixel of their games which is why licenses like Disney®, LEGO®, Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel®, Lamborghini®, Ferrari® and LucasArts trust Gameloft to develop games for their highly prestigious brands.
Gameloft is a part of one of the world’s largest media groups, Vivendi, which gives them the mana and resources to set the highest expectations and aim for the very best.
At Gameloft Brisbane, we believe the keys to success are a great studio culture and finding a balance in everything we do, whether it's working with great people on exciting projects or enjoying the incredible lifestyle of Queensland Australia.
Since opening in 2014, Gameloft Brisbane has released Zombie Anarchy, Ballistic Baseball on Apple Arcade and the official successor to the original phenomenon, The Oregon Trail™ on Apple Arcade.
- We are committed to not only making high quality fun games, but commercially successful games as well.
- We develop AAA games for many different genres and platforms.
- We are close partners with the Unreal Engine team and Evangelists.
- We are always looking for ways to improve as an individual, team, studio and company.
- Diversity is Key - varying backgrounds, perspectives and viewpoints are critically important to being successful as a team.
Gameloft Australia in Brisbane is seeking a passionate Lead Designer to join our professional team and deliver fresh experiences for players. Our projects offer development challenges across a wide spectrum, presenting unique opportunities for developers from all backgrounds.
Being a Lead Designer at Gameloft means more than designing games. We have to understand the experience we want to create for players, and then design the game features or changes required to bring this experience into reality.
From prototyping new concepts to balancing gameplay, designing systems or crafting ground-breaking mechanics, your work will have the potential to inspire gamers and designers for years to come.
Comprehensive design sensibilities, problem-solving, agile execution, and considered communication are our tools of the trade as we strive to bring new experiences to our audience.
This Lead role will requires you to:
- Actively work as part of a team, collaborating with all disciplines to gather input to craft the best concepts and realise compelling gameplay experiences
- Ideate and champion a vision bringing clarity to the teams as to what the goals are and why
- Craft design documentation for presentation to both internal and external stakeholders
- Thrive in an environment that values rapid prototyping and pitching, you will be generating ideas while recognising that great ideas can come from anyone, with a professional maturity to let go of the ideas that don't make it
- Bring hands on experience to the role and not shy away from getting stuck in, to craft prototypes and refine gameplay experiences, getting to the essence of why a mechanic is fun and memorable
- Embody an agile mindset, understanding the need for iterative design and being adept at breaking down high level design concepts into achievable goals based on core value
- A seasoned game designer; with 6+ years shipping titles in design roles, with at least one or more successful AAA / global titles in a lead position across multiple platforms including mobile; A natural mentor; you can motivate and support other designers, guiding them towards success.
- A leader, capable of growing and managing a creative group of people in a dynamic environment.
- A strong communicator; your verbal and written communications are precise and unambiguous; your best work comes from collaboration and you believe that excellence comes from dynamic communication throughout the design process.
- A design virtuoso; you concisely articulate and envision game concepts, analysing and ruminating mechanics with balance; you’re fluent in prevalent game systems and mechanics but have the critical thinking skills to know when it's time to try something novel.
- A gamer; you are passionate about games with a wide breadth of game knowledge that you've enjoyed, and you easily identify and explain a game's strengths and weaknesses.
What We Offer
- Competitive Compensation Packages
- Project Bonuses
- Private Health Insurance Subsidies
- Relocation Assistance
- Work Life Balance
- Hybrid Working Model - 2 days per week WFH
- 4 Weeks Personal Leave Annually (vacation)
- One Additional Leave Day Per Month
- Additional Days Off Over Xmas Break
- Flexible Hours & Time Off
- Birthday Leave
- Gym & Sports subsidies
- Employee Assistance Program
- Friday Afternoon Beers
- Studio Mascot - Mr Hendricks
- Centrally located in the heart of Brisbane city
- Spectacular Dedicated Roof Top Terrace
- Break Out Room & Games Areas with Gaming consoles
- Commercial Grade Espresso Machine
- Full Kitchen incl. All Day Light Breakfast, Fruit & Snacks
- Yoga Classes
- Secured Bike Storage
- Close to public transit
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
Please submit your CV, cover letter or portfolio (if applicable)
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted and your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months.
Gameloft Brisbane is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering diversity and inclusivity within our work environment.