Authored byGameloft Brisbane
Authored onMonday, 8 November, 2021 - 3:49 PM
Gameloft’s mission is to amaze the world, so everyone can enjoy a moment of happiness.
We have been proudly crafting games since 2000, two of which are featured in App Annie's “Top 10 iOS Games by All-Time Worldwide Downloads.” Talented Gameloft employees from all over the world have created established franchises, such as Asphalt®, Dragon Mania Legends, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter.
We put passion into every pixel of our games. It’s at the core of what we do every day, and major rights holders including Disney®, LEGO®, Universal, Mattel®, Lamborghini®, and others recognize Gameloft’s creativity and trust us to produce awesome gaming experiences.
We are part of Vivendi—one of the world’s largest media groups—giving us the mana and resources to set our expectations high and aim for the very best.
At Gameloft Brisbane we believe one of the greatest keys to success is finding a balance in everything we do. Whether it's working on an exciting project or enjoying the incredible lifestyle of Queensland Australia, we strive to find a successful balance. Since opening in 2014, Gameloft Brisbane has released Zombie Anarchy, Ballistic Baseball and the official successor to the global phenomenon, The Oregon Trail™ on Apple Arcade.
All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.
We are currently looking for a Lead Gameplay Programmer to join our team. The successful candidate will drive the code production of new games together with other team leads.
A Lead Gameplay Programmer is expected to lead the technical design of the core gameplay features for a project and ensure that creative teams have all necessary game-specific tools in their possession.
- Expert in programming.
- Master in common game technologies, processes and software development. Expert in one or more:
- Rendering pipelines
- Online multiplayer
- Tools development
- Capable to generate tasks for the team members backlog to accommodate game design requirements and seek clarity from creative teams.
- Competent in ensuring that implementation meets expectations and negotiates trade-offs for problem areas.
- Able to produce documentation and guides to help team members to complete their work or overcome impediments.
- Capable to rapidly prototype as well as produce the final code.
- Able to quickly familiarize himself to work with a large existing codebase and existing processes, think them through and suggest achievable improvements.
The impact to a project expected from a Lead Gameplay Programmer is focused on consistent project delivery according to timelines.
- Responsible for a project risk assessment.
- Oversees all internal and external project dependencies and critical paths.
- Ensures contingency plan is in place.
- Implements processes to ensure stable delivery of a project.
The behaviour of a Lead is best described as a project champion. Therefore, we expect our Lead Programmer:
- Be alert and communicative about any impediments to their teams ability to deliver.
- Be driven to excel and improve the team around them.
- Influences team to achieve project goals.
- Provide constructive feedback and be helpful to less experienced members of the team.
- Be constructive and forthright about what is improbable, the project, and the team.
- Computer Science or similar degree, or equivalent professional experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in programming, preferably in the video-game industry
- Solid understanding of modern C++, and other modern languages
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written
Nice to have
- Experience with Unreal Engine or other game engines
- Programming experience on Mobile Devices and/or Consoles
- Experience with SVN, Git, Perforce or other version-control systems
What We Offer
- Competitive Compensation Packages
- Project Bonuses
- Private Health Insurance Subsidies
- Relocation Assistance
- Work Life Balance
- Hybrid Working Model - 2 days per week WFH
- 4 Weeks Personal Leave Annually (vacation)
- Additional Days Off Over Xmas Break
- Flexible Hours & Time Off
- Birthday Leave
- Gym & Sports subsidies
- Employee Assistance Program
- Friday Afternoon Beers
- Studio Mascot - Mr Hendricks
- Centrally located in the heart of Brisbane city
- Spectacular Dedicated Roof Top Terrace
- Break Out Room & Games Areas with Gaming consoles
- Commercial Grade Espresso Machine
- Full Kitchen incl. All Day Light Breakfast, Fruit & Snacks
- Yoga Classes
- Secured Bike Storage
- Close to public transit
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
Please submit your CV, cover letter or portfolio (if applicable)
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted and your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months.
Gameloft Brisbane is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering diversity and inclusivity within our work environment.