Authored by5 Lives Studios
Authored onMonday, 28 March, 2022 - 5:04 PM
5 Lives Studios was founded by five industry veterans who banded together in the wake of the Australian games industry's near-collapse. Having worked together in various studios for almost a decade, they decided to set out on their own independent venture to create the games they've always want to make. Between them, they've worked on a wide variety of genres and properties, including Syndicate, Grand Theft Auto, Darksiders, Star Wars, and more.
About the job
5 Lives Studios is looking for an in-house 3D Environment Artist for an exciting new IP. Join the team nominated for Best Art in the Australian Game Developer Awards in 2020.
Your task is to help populate the game with world-building props, characters and environment assets to assist the art team.
The role will be full-time, and the applicant must be available to work on-site in West End, Brisbane.
We are actively looking to diversify our team and are particularly interested in applicants from underrepresented groups, women and members of the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Produce 3D art assets under the direction of leads while adhering to an existing art style.
- Setting up and maintaining 3D assets and prefabs in the game engine (Unity Preferred).
- Working within time and technical budgets and limitations.
- Understanding and usage of source control software and task tracking.
- Contribute ideas and feedback to the company and games they produce.
- Demonstrated 3D Modelling and Texturing skills including modelling high poly sculpts, low poly models, UVing and optimisation.
- Demonstrated understanding of pipeline requirements needed to take an asset from concept sculpt through to final asset(s) for use in real time.
- Proficiency in the processes of setting up 3D assets and prefabs in the game engine (Unity preferred)
- Strong artistic talent.
- Proficiency in a 3D Modelling software such as Blender, Maya or 3D Studio Max.
- Demonstrated experience with creating materials and textures with Adobe Substance libraries of software.
- Eager to improve and are always looking to learn new techniques, and software
- Positive, self motivated attitude with good communication, verbal and written. Ability to both receive and give constructive feedback.
- Professional experience is a bonus but a strong portfolio goes a long way.
- Experience with Unity 3D Game Engine.
- Experience with Blender or Maya.
- Proficient in the creation of high resolution character sculpts, preferably within ZBrush (knowledge of similar software considered)
- Maya (Preferred), Blender or 3D Studio Max
- Zbrush (Preferred), Blender, Mudbox, 3d Coat or similar sculpting software.
- Substance Painter (Bonus)
- Substance Designer (Bonus)
- Jira and Confluence (Training available)
- Plastic Source Control (Training available)
Position: Full Time On-Site
Language: English, Verbal and Written.
Location: West End, Brisbane, Australia
Salary: Depends on Experience