5 Lives Studios was founded by five industry veterans who banded together in the wake of the Australian games industry's near-collapse. Having worked together in various studios for almost a decade, they decided to set out on their own independent venture to create the games they've always want to make. Between them, they've worked on a wide variety of genres and properties, including Syndicate, Grand Theft Auto, Darksiders, Star Wars, and more.
About the job
5 Lives Studios is looking for an in-house 3D Environment Artist for an exciting new IP. Join the team nominated for Best Art in the Australian Game Developer Awards in 2020. Your task is to help shape the world of the game by creating and texturing exciting world-building environments.
The role will be full-time, and the applicant must be available to work on-site in West End, Brisbane.
We are actively looking to diversify our team and are particularly interested in applicants from underrepresented groups, women and members of the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Produce 3D art assets under the direction of leads while adhering to an existing art style.
- Exporting, importing, setting up and maintaining 3D assets and prefabs in the game engine (Unity preferred).
- Working within time and technical budgets and limitations.
- Understanding and usage of source control and task tracking software.
- Contribute ideas and feedback to the company and games they produce.
- Demonstrated 3D Modelling and Texturing skills including modelling high poly sculpts, low poly models, UVing and optimisation.
- Demonstrated ability to create environments, locations and assets for real time rendering with an understanding of technical aspects and limitations.
- Strong artistic talent demonstrated with a portfolio of work examples.
- Proficiency in a 3D Modelling software such as Blender (Preferred), Maya or 3D Studio Max.
- Understanding of scene composition, use of shape, colour, light and detail.
- High poly sculpting experience in ZBrush, Mudbox, 3D Coat or similar software.
- Demonstrated experience with creating materials and textures with Adobe Substance libraries of software with a basic understanding of physically based materials.
- Positive, self motivated attitude with good communication, verbal and written. Ability to both receive and give constructive feedback.
- Professional experience is a bonus but a strong portfolio goes a long way.
- Experience with Unity 3D game engine.
- Experience with Blender.
- Experience with Houdini.
- Scripting skills with Blender or Houdini.
- Strong understanding of and experience with Substance Designer to create physically based material libraries for use in Substance Painter.
- Experience creating stylized art assets.
- Blender (Preferred), Maya or 3D Studio Max
- Zbrush, Mudbox, 3d Coat or similar sculpting software.
- Substance Painter
- Substance Designer (Bonus)
- Houdini (Bonus)
- Jira and Confluence (Training available)
- Plastic Source Control (Training available)
Position: Full Time On-Site
Language: English, Verbal and Written.
Location: West End, Brisbane, Australia
Salary: Depends on Experience