Authored byGrinding Gear Games
Authored onWednesday, 22 March, 2023 - 11:55 AM
We are Grinding Gear Games, creators of the award-winning dark fantasy Action RPG Path of Exile. We're a diverse and inclusive studio of more than 175 world-class developers based in Auckland, New Zealand and we're currently expanding the Path of Exile 2 development team.
Location: On-site in Henderson, Auckland, New Zealand
Relocation assistance (for the right candidate, if needed)
Full time position - 40 hours a week
We seek Rigging Artists to join our rigging team.
The position includes the following duties:
- Provide 3D artistic rigging and animation skills for various assets throughout Path of Exile
- Use artistic and technical skills to rig and modify digital characters, props and sets maintaining a consistent aesthetic across your work
- Create high-quality work using a variety of software programs
- Be aware of project/task schedules and be capable of delivering work to deadlines
- Take direction from the rigging leads and engage with Producers
We are seeking someone with:
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of rigging using the Maya rigging tools
- Ability to create clear, non-destructive, user-friendly rigs
- Knowledge in proper anatomy and body mechanics
- Good general knowledge of Maya with regards to modelling and texturing
- At least one year of character rigging experience in a professional studio
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Good self-management, with a positive attitude and ability to receive and provide constructive and objective feedback
Portfolio, and/or reel demonstrating relevant skills required.
Must be willing to complete a rigging test if requested to do so.
- An avid gamer with an understanding of our game, Path of Exile
- Experience working in the game industry
- Experience in scripting and tool development using MEL, Python or PyQt
- Experience using various simulation plugins like nCloth, bullet or pulldownit
- A tertiary qualification related to 3D art or game design
What we offer:
Our work hours are flexible, with core hours from 11.00am to 3.30pm.
We have a huge selection of free drinks for all the staff to enjoy while working. Think of a convenience store's range of drinks a few metres from your desk! Our rec rooms are stocked up daily with healthy snacks and a rotating range of seasonal fresh fruit and yoghurt, and catered meals are offered every week as part of our Monday mid-morning meetings.
When the work is done, we invite all staff to attend our expansion launch parties and Christmas parties to celebrate the effort they've put towards Path of Exile.
How to apply:
If you meet the above requirements, please email your resume, reel and a cover letter to email@example.com with your name and role you are applying for in the subject line.
No phone calls or agencies, please.