We are Grinding Gear Games, creators of the award-winning dark fantasy Action RPG Path of Exile. We're a diverse and inclusive studio of more than 175 world-class developers based in Auckland, New Zealand and we're currently expanding the Path of Exile 2 development team.
We seek a Senior Sound Designer to join our incredibly talented team.
Location: On-site in Henderson, Auckland, New Zealand
Relocation assistance (for the right candidate, if needed)
Full time position - 40 hours a week
The position includes the following duties:
- Design dark and gritty sound effects from concept to implementation
- Create audio using a firm grasp of engineering practices, including recording techniques
- Work side-by-side with other departments to create the highest quality audio and maintain artistic consistency and expectations set by the studio
- Attend regular team meetings, providing updated status and progress of your deliverables
We are seeking someone with:
- 3+ years experience in audio for games or 5+ years experience in a related field (studio work or film/television)
- Experience with Pro Tools software
- Experience with FMOD or other audio engine tools
- Self-motivation and self-reliance; ability to research and learn new tools quickly
- Excellent communications skills, and able to work within a team
- Passion for creating 'dark and gritty' sounds
Portfolio, and/or reel demonstrating relevant skills required.
Must be willing to complete a test if requested to do so.
- Experience with our game, Path of Exile
What we offer:
Our work hours are flexible, with core hours from 11.00am to 3.30pm.
We have a huge selection of free drinks for all the staff to enjoy while working. Think of a convenience store's range of drinks a few metres from your desk! Our rec rooms are stocked up daily with healthy snacks and a rotating range of seasonal fresh fruit and yoghurt, and catered meals are offered every week as part of our Monday mid-morning meetings.
When the work is done, we invite all staff to attend our expansion launch parties and Christmas parties to celebrate the effort they've put towards Path of Exile.
How to Apply:
If you meet the above requirements, please email your resume, reel and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and role you are applying for in the subject line.
No phone calls or agencies, please.