Authored byGrinding Gear Games
Authored onMonday, 2 October, 2023 - 2:19 PM
We are Grinding Gear Games, creators of the award-winning dark fantasy Action RPG Path of Exile. We're a diverse and inclusive studio of more than 175 world-class developers based in Auckland, New Zealand and we're currently expanding the Path of Exile 2 development team.
We seek a C++ Engine Programmer to work on our in-house engine and tools. Our engine is specific to Path of Exile and attempts to solve the problems uniquely generated by the dynamic gameplay that we support while taking advantage of the opportunities granted by our fixed camera perspective.
Location: On-site in Henderson, Auckland, New Zealand
Relocation assistance (for the right candidate, if needed)
Full time position - 40 hours a week
The position includes the following duties:
- Development work on our in-house engine and tools
- Maintain consistent communication with directors and colleagues
- Collaborate with designers and artists to create tools that allow them to get great results
- Ability to work to deadlines and schedules
We are seeking someone with:
- Extremely strong knowledge of modern C++
- Extremely strong knowledge of at least one modern graphics API
- Three or more years of engine development or graphics programming experience
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- Experience with development on multiple graphics APIs and platforms
- Experience with our game, Path of Exile
What we offer:
Our work hours are flexible, with core hours from 11.00am to 3.30pm.
We have a huge selection of free drinks for all the staff to enjoy while working. Think of a convenience store's range of drinks a few metres from your desk! Our rec rooms are stocked up daily with healthy snacks and a rotating range of seasonal fresh fruit and yoghurt, and catered meals are offered every week as part of our Monday mid-morning meetings.
When the work is done, we invite all staff to attend our expansion launch parties and Christmas parties to celebrate the effort they've put towards Path of Exile.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements, please email your resume, some C++ code samples and a cover letter to email@example.com with your name and role you are applying for in the subject line.
No phone calls or agencies, please.