Who we are
We are a tight-knit team, and are developing A Township Tale full time. A Township Tale is the industry leading VR MMO, which has a massive Discord community of 73 thousand people. We’ve launched on Quest on July 15, reaching #1 in Oculus Store charts, and we’re expanding the team to support our players and bring the game to new platforms.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a 3D artist who is excited to work on A Township Tale!
What you’ll be doing
- Modelling assets for A Township Tale, for a range of different platforms.
- Implementing assets into Unity, and interacting with our custom tools.
- Alta is a small studio, so you will be making contact with a lot of different areas of game development.
How you benefit
- Seeing your work regularly shipped to live players
- Being part of our talented team, learning the way our studio works, and our art pipelines.
- You’ll learn a lot about game design, optimisation, custom in-house tools, content delivery, and game development in general.
The skills you will need
- 3D modelling in Maya
- General knowledge of Unity. We use Unity and our custom tools built on top to implement assets in game.
- Knowledge of implementation pipelines, from concept, to model, to export, to unity import.
- Ability to create stylized textures in Photoshop, and bonus Substance Designer/Painter.
- Some knowledge of optimization, and ability to create optimized models.
What we are looking for
- Strong technical skills/mindset. We are looking for someone who can approach art with a form follows function mindset, and ability to work within constraints.
- Fast and diligent learner, and a good problem solver. Ability to learn and understand our pipeline is key.
- Ability to create 3D models from concept art accurately, and mathematically correct models.
- Respect for our community and the art you’ll be learning how to create.
- Collaborative worker, but can also work well independently.
- Strong attention to detail, but also has the ability to step back and look at the big picture.
Additional skills that would make you shine
- Show knowledge of optimization and good game topology through wireframes.
- Clever use of optimized textures, shaders, batching, instancing.
- Previous experience in game development, especially on low-end devices.
Please send your resume to Serena at firstname.lastname@example.org