Authored onWednesday, 29 June, 2022 - 12:45 PM
Who we are
We are a tight-knit team, and are developing A Township Tale full time. A Township Tale is the industry leading VR RPG, which has the second largest Discord community. We’ve launched on Quest on July 15, reaching #1 in Oculus Store charts, and we’re expanding the team to support our players and bring the game to new platforms!
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a 5+ year experienced lead technical artist, excited to work on challenging and innovative features on our ambitious VR title A Township Tale. Our game already captivates hundreds of thousands of players, but with your help we can reach millions!
What you’ll be doing
- Working closely with our designers and engineers on developing new features for the game
- Leading generalist artists to develop assets within technical pipelines, the go to contact for any technical issues relating to asset production
- Breaking down high level art requirements into deliverable tasks
- Profiling performance, identifying areas that can be optimized, making smart decisions early and critically
- Research and understanding Unity, as well as any external tech that will facilitate the game art
- Working with Unity and custom scripts to implement assets, shaders and materials, as a go between programming and art
How you benefit
- Have a very real and direct impact on a growing title and studio
- See your work shipped regularly to a loyal community of players with frequent updates on our live game
- High amounts of ownership and autonomy over your features
- Accelerate growth professionally and personally
- Be part of a hugely talented team that values feedback driven learning environment, and work / life balance
The skills you will need
- 5+ years of professional real time technical art experience
- Proven leadership experience and skills, leading/managing teams
- Experience working within a real time game engine (preferably Unity)
- 3D asset creation experience: modeling, texturing, rigging, skinning in Maya, Photoshop, Substance, Houdini etc.
- Experience building efficient art pipelines
- Experience in optimization
- Understanding of technical constraints of engines and platforms
- Strong technical/mathematical mindset, excellent problem solving skills
- Great communicator and inter-departmental collaborator
- Ability to execute consistently and reliably
Additional skills that would make you shine
- Tool designing skills
- Programming skills (C# for Unity, Python for Maya, etc.)
- Preference for procedural workflows (Houdini, Designer)
- Experience in optimization in Unity for VR specifically
- Passion for games of similar genres
- Experience with efficient multi-disciplinary production pipelines + documentation
Some of our perks
- We are a fully remote first studio, and we encourage people from all over the world to apply! We also have an in-person office you can work from in Parramatta, Sydney, Australia.
- We always cover all Work From Home equipment (PCs, VR headsets, monitors, furniture, accessories, etc.)
- We offer globally competitive salaries and Employee Stock Options.
- 4 weeks paid annual leave + 10 paid annual sick days for all employees.
- Stipend and approval for any book, course, or conference you’d like to attend that you think will help you grow professionally + regular learning sessions from our studio team.
- For our US employees we offer full-coverage health insurance stipend, flexible for a fully remote workforce. We support all US employees with 5% contributions to their 401k insurance.
Our values and culture
Alta is committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse, creative and healthy workplace, and we are proud Equal Opportunity Employers. All candidates will receive equal consideration without regard to race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected under human rights and anti-discrimination law. We strongly encourage people of all backgrounds to apply!
See more about our values and culture here: https://www.altavr.io/values/