After our recent successful launch on Oculus Quest, we’re looking to grow the team! With a big focus on growing A Township Tale, we need a talented Senior Game Designer to lead the design and prototyping of new content and mechanics for the game.
About the team
Alta is a fully remote Virtual Reality startup that is based in Sydney, Australia. Since 2016 we have worked on the multiplayer game A Township Tale and have grown from the 3 founding members to over two dozen passionate developers. At Alta, each team member is committed to our overall mission in developing a ground-breaking VR experience for players worldwide.
We are a very tight-knit team, and finding new members who are a great fit is just as important to us as finding the right skillset.
What you’ll be doing
- As a Senior Designer, collaborate with art and code to prototype and create new features and mechanics
- Own new game mechanics from the ground up, including paper design, prototyping, and final implementation
- Communicate game design vision to the rest of the team
- Iterate on current mechanics based on community feedback
- Formalize and clarify concepts and features into clear documentation
- Iterate and make decisions based on data
- Mentor junior design staff
- Analyze the VR market to identify trends and opportunities
The skills you will need
- 5+ years of professional working experience
- Experienced in C#
- Have worked on multiple shipped projects
- Ability to communicate and provide mentorship to other designers and developers
- Experience in Unity Game Engine
Additional skills that would make you shine
- Experience developing VR games/experiences
- Experience working on GaaS games
- Systems design experience
- Experience with industry-standard design tools
- Love of RPGs
If you are looking to start your journey at a company at the forefront of exciting new technology, this job is for you. At Alta you will see the impact you make daily and have a chance to be part of a company that is growing rapidly. We offer a competitive salary and a work environment where your actions can make a real impact.