Authored onMonday, 23 August, 2021 - 11:11 AM
After our recent successful launch on Oculus Quest, we’re looking to grow the team! We need a talented Data Engineer to help us understand why our users spend thousands of hours in our game, and help us figure out where they should go next. We’ve got a game that’s already pretty good, but we’re looking for people who can help us make it great.
Alta is a Sydney-based Virtual Reality startup. Since 2016 we have worked on the multiplayer game A Township Tale, and have grown from the 3 founding members to over a dozen passionate developers. At Alta, each team member wears multiple hats and is committed to our overall mission in developing a groundbreaking VR experience for players worldwide.
We are now fully remote and have several team members in different time zones. We are a very tight knit team and finding a great team fit is just as important to us and finding the right skillset.
As a Data Engineer, you will be expanding and working with our analytics system to give meaningful insights into the way the company operates. You will be reporting to senior members to make very high level decisions on the future of the game and structure of development. We need someone who can take ownership of their work and work unsupervised to achieve the mission. You will need to be self motivated to deep dive into any datasets we have or talk to the other developers in order to capture other metrics we currently don't have. You will need to be capable of providing insights into various metrics such as users retention rates, why they churn at particular points in their lifetime and which are the most used features within the game. Ideally you are someone that enjoys and understands the ways video games connect us and can put that knowledge to use in making meaningful changes to our product.
- 5+ years within a software engineering role, preferably on the data analysis side
- 2+ years experience building production systems on a major cloud provider (AWS preferred)
- Strong database knowledge (SQL / NoSQL)
- Experience manipulating data, building data pipelines, and automating dashboards
- Experience implementing data logging from production code
- Ability to translate ambiguous and complex requirements into clear data deliverables
- Strong problem-solving skills using quantitative and statistical approach
- Very strong passion and understanding of data architectures and best-practices of devops to deliver faster and more reliable outcomes
- Experience in agile delivery methodologies
- Experience with real-time and live data sources
- Strong communication skills to present findings to non technical stakeholders
- Proficiency in a Software Engineering language of your choice (C#, Python, Java, C++, etc…)
- Experience in C# and .NET Core
- REST API design experience
- Kubernetes and containerised workloads
- Good understanding of CI/CD principles
If you are looking to start your journey at a company at the forefront of exciting new technology, this job is for you. At Alta you will see the impact you make daily and have a chance to be part of a company that is growing rapidly. You will get a competitive salary and a work environment where your actions can make a real impact.
Apply at email@example.com