Senior Game Designer (Full Time)
Mighty Kingdom, Australia's largest independent game development studio are looking for a talented full-time Senior Game Designer to work on Free to Play mobile and console games in Adelaide, South Australia!
As a Senior Game Designer at Mighty Kingdom, you will be responsible for designing and effectively communicating your design ideas across multidisciplined teams, ensuring they are implemented in alignment with the product vision. You will be the strongest advocate for the player experience and set the benchmark for professional quality within the Design team.
Winner of Australia Game Developer Awards studio of the year.
A diverse team that values collaboration and creative problem solving.
Flexible work environment (flexible hours, work from home) and a CBD location.
Ability to work from home during COVID outbreaks.
Uncapped leave, including all statutory leave, additional personal leave, menstrual and menopause leave, and recharge leave for when you just need a break.
Employer paid parental leave including superannuation paid throughout parental leave.
- Take ownership over designing core game systems, mechanics and features while overseeing the implementation to ensure it aligns with the Product Manager and Creative Director’s vision.
- Implement game designs which take monetization and retention requirements into consideration.
- Create and lead discussions around developing game designs and processes with the wider design team.
- Document and outline design specifications in a way that can be communicated with the rest of the product team.
- Collaborate with multidisciplined teams including product, UI/UX design, audio, artists, and programmers to define, design and implement unique, fun and innovative gameplay.
- Rely on both data and intuition to make design changes pre and post launch, continuing to evolve and improve the player experience during live-ops.
- Participate in discussions around high-level scheduling, scope and budgeting in regard to team requirements on projects.
- Acting as a subject matter expert in game design, sharing your knowledge with the rest of the team to improve product design.
Qualifications / Experience:
- 5+ years experience within the games industry in a design or related role.
- Experience shipping commercial titles, either in Console or Mobile.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Great knowledge of Free to Play games, particularly within the casual market, and understand player desires.
- Outstanding communication and collaboration skills, great at working in a team and independently.
- Strong interest and belief in data-driven approach to support & validate intuition.
- A strong passion for creating and playing video games.
- Completed a game, marketing, or other relevant degree.
- Have several shipped titles where you acted in a design capacity.
- Experience in a Level Design capacity.
- Experience with visual scripting or in C#.
- Experience in other disciplines of game development.
- Proficient within industry standard game engines and version control such as git/subversion.
- Experience with mentoring junior team members.