Authored onWednesday, 13 October, 2021 - 11:18 AM
We are one of Australia's largest game development companies in Melbourne and we are looking for a super switched on software engineer to join our talented team in developing a game for PC and console platforms. We’re looking for an individual that has very strong graphics programming skills and is interested in joining our team to bring our games to the next level.
If you enjoy working in a young fast-paced environment, love the gaming community, and have a strong interest in games then this is a great opportunity to become part of a growing team.
- Design, develop, modify, implement, debug game features within the Unity game engine.
- Work collaboratively and communicate with game designers, artists, animation, and audio teams.
- Develop tools and systems for our team to create great content for the game.
- Assist with the development and deployment of the game on both iOS and Android mobile devices.
- Contribute to the team’s design vision to build a fun and exciting game.
- Continue ongoing development in the live services environment
What You Bring To The Role
- At least 6-7 years experience working with the Unity game engine.
- Shipped at least 1-2 major projects on iOS/Android.
- Have worked with live-ops and continuing development of an existing game.
- A deep understanding of Unity engine’s overall game development pipeline and how to optimise development for it.
- Strong maths skills.
- Strong background in C#.
- Great communication skills and enjoys working with peers from art, animation, and audio teams.
- Creative, motivated, focused, and passionate about making games.
- A tertiary degree or an equivalent professional qualification in a relevant field.
- The ability to prioritise and work on multiple tasks simultaneously and manage competing priorities.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently to get the job done without day-to-day direction.
- Think on their feet and act quickly.
- Have a can-do with the ability to turn a negative into a positive, no problem is too great.
- Worked and developed games using the PlayFab back-end.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and Functions feature.
- Strong game optimisation skills and can identify bottlenecks in the game.
- Good understanding of multithreading and how to write code for such systems.
How to Apply
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application should include your CV, cover letter and any relevant portfolio links. While working your cover letter, please consider the following:
- Why are you applying for our role at Playside?
- Tell us all about yourself!
- What is your proudest work achievement?
- Why do you think you're the one for this role?
- Why are you leaving your current role?
How many weeks' notice do you need?
Only candidates successful will be contacted. Do keep an eye on our LinkedIn page and careers page to future roles.