Authored onFriday, 22 October, 2021 - 3:51 PM
We are one of Australia's largest game development companies in Melbourne and we are looking for a highly skilled Mid VR Game Engineer - Programmer C++ to join our talented team in developing a game for PC and console platforms. We’re looking for an individual that has very strong graphics programming skills and is interested in helping us bring our VR games to the next level.
If you enjoy working in a young fast-paced environment, love the gaming community, and have a strong interest in games then this is a great opportunity to become part of a growing team.
- Design, develop, modify, implement, debug VR game features.
- Work collaboratively and communicate with VR game designers, artists, animation, and audio teams.
- Develop tools and systems for our team to create great content for the game.
- Assist with the development and deployment of the VR game on both iOS and Android mobile devices.
- Contribute to the team’s design vision to build a fun and exciting game.
- Continue ongoing development in the live services environment
- Deliver flexible, performant and well designed code for new games
What You Bring To The Role
- Proven experience in understanding and writing effective C++ code.
- At least 5 years experience working with game engines.
- Shipped at least 1 major VR project on iOS/Android.
- Strong maths skills.
- Great communication skills and enjoys working with peers from art, animation, and audio teams.
- Creative, motivated, focused, and passionate about making games.
- A tertiary degree or an equivalent professional qualification in a relevant field.
- The ability to prioritise and work on multiple tasks simultaneously and manage competing priorities.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently to get the job done without day-to-day direction.
- Think on their feet and act quickly.
- Have a can-do with the ability to turn a negative into a positive, no problem is too great.
- Worked and developed games using the PlayFab back-end
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and Functions feature
- Strong game optimisation skills and can identify bottlenecks in the game
- Good understanding of multithreading and how to write code for such systems