Authored onWednesday, 13 October, 2021 - 11:43 AM
Playside, Australia’s largest independent games company is on the hunt for an experienced Marketing & Communications leader, this will be an entirely new role for our company, an incredible opportunity to own and grow our marketing/comms function. If you are a Marketing superstar with experience in games marketing this could be the role for you.
Reporting to our COO, we will be looking for you to help shape how we launch & talk about our games. You’ll also provide strategic communications recommendations, lead the creation and execution of communication strategies and create thoughtful, and strategic integrated communications plans for our games across Mobile, PC and console.
- Develop marketing strategies that will help you attract and retain players in a competitive market for new and existing titles.
- Build hype in advance and through the launch of titles across Mobile, PC and Console to increase user acquisition and retention. This includes product marketing, influencer marketing, PR & Press, digital marketing and socials that bring strong commercial results
- Manage game launches, media events, industry events, PR and press interviews.
- Manage Playsides social media accounts, including instagram, linkedin, tiktok, YouTube to drive increased followers and content views.
- Deliver concise, timely, and informative reporting on press activities, coverage, opportunities, successes, and press feedback to internal constituents. Provide post-mortem analysis and competitive analysis
- Measuring and analyzing campaigns to determine their effectiveness. To ensure your marketing funds are invested wisely, campaigns should be measured regularly and updated based on the outcome of the analysis.
- Maintain an extensive network of enthusiast local and international media contacts that help us to leverage coverage of PlaySide content.
- Research, write and edit all press materials including press releases, fact sheets, pitch letters, Q&As, media alerts, speaking points, and presentations
- Respond to daily media inquiries in a timely and professional manner; act as spokesperson in the press for upcoming as well as launched titles, know how to craft an appropriate comment working with the internal team to support as required
- Manage expenses to ensure budgets remain within desired projections. Plan budgets in accordance to events and vice versa
- Oversee multi-product media events for public relations team
- Provide media training and coaching to development team spokespeople
What You Bring To The Role
- 5-8 years as a seasoned games Marketing and Communications expert with a proven track record of delivering results
- Understanding of Mobile / PC/ Console games and industry both locally and internationally.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to identify and explore marketing opportunities that are strategic as well cost-effective.
- Ability to question, challenge and suggest alternative approaches to internal and external audiences in a diplomatic manner.
- Ability to make decisions, organize thoughts, and engage in creative thinking.
- A strategic thinker who can drive projects and make things happen
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- You will be action oriented and focused on delivering results
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently to get the job done without day-to-day direction.
- Conduct strategy and industry based reviews to identify further opportunities to improve the way we implement Marketing programs.
Previous experience launching titles with a demonstrated track record of success across multiple platforms.
How to Apply
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application should include your CV, cover letter and any relevant portfolio links. While working your cover letter, please consider the following:
- Why are you applying for our role at Playside?
- Tell us all about yourself!
- What is your proudest work achievement?
- Why do you think you're the one for this role?
- Why are you leaving your current role?
- How many weeks' notice do you need?
Only candidates successful will be contacted. Do keep an eye on our LinkedIn page and careers page to future roles.