Authored onWednesday, 13 October, 2021 - 11:15 AM
We are looking for a super switched on Technical Animator (Rigger) to work closely with 3D art, animation and engineering teams to create high-quality and optimized rigs for animators, devise animation solutions and pipelines and assist in developing tools for 3D art/animation workflows.
In addition to exceptional technical art skills, we're looking for a candidate who can lead by example, embracing hard work and combining clear communication with a highly positive attitude.
- Work closely with 3D Artist, Animators and Engineers to devise animation solutions and pipelines, create high-quality rigs for animators and assist in developing tools for 3D art/animation workflows.
- Build-upon, create and maintain efficient art pipelines, identifying, developing and documenting new tools and processes.
- Collaborate with the team on technical solutions to deliver the art vision and drive the visual fidelity of the game
- Work closely with Art/Animation lead while developing new tools, rigs, and workflows for the art department.
- Communicate effectively between art and code, providing guidelines, best practices, and documentation for workflows, etc.
- To help in reinforcing great teamwork and amazing studio culture.
What You Bring To The Role
- Expertise in Rigging and Skinning in Autodesk Maya.
- A thorough understanding of animation pipelines and the process involved from the conceptual phase to implementation.
- Ability to rig characters/objects in a realistic or cartoon manner.
- Good knowledge of anatomy and a thorough understanding of biomechanics, kinesiology for humanoids and animals.
- Strong skills in programming/scripting using Python and/or Mel
- Perfect understanding of art optimization techniques.
- Excellent initiative, self-motivation, communication, organisational and problem-solving skills, as well as team working and the ability to accept and follow direction
- Motivated and self-driven; complete tasks without intense supervision.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at any given time with the ability to adapt quickly
- Advanced level of knowledge with either Unity or Unreal Engine. (Or both!)
- The ability to prioritise and work on multiple tasks simultaneously and manage competing priorities.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently to get the job done without day-to-day direction.
- Have a can-do with the ability to turn a negative into a positive, no problem is too great.
- Skills in Animation using Autodesk Maya
- Experience in using Houdini for Tool development and Simulation.
- Knowledge in coding using C# or C++
How to Apply
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application should include your CV, cover letter and any relevant portfolio links. While working your cover letter, please consider the following:
- Why are you applying for our role at Playside?
- Tell us all about yourself!
- What is your proudest work achievement?
- Why do you think you're the one for this role?
- Why are you leaving your current role?
- How many weeks' notice do you need?
Only candidates successful will be contacted. Do keep an eye on our LinkedIn page and careers page to future roles.