Authored onFriday, 22 October, 2021 - 3:28 PM
So...If you've been looking for that career opportunity of a lifetime with an exciting, fast-growing leading Australian games company...Look no further...
Playside, Australia’s largest independent games company is on the hunt for a switched-on Senior VR / UX Designer. This is an incredible opportunity to work on an exceptionally well-known, highly regarded franchise and bring it into the exciting new world of VR as the project’s Senior VR Game Designer! Trust us, you’ll want to be part of this!
If you have a passion for technology and game design coupled with a firm understanding of storytelling and emerging industry trends, and above all, would like to see your ideas come to life, this is a great opportunity to do that first hand as an essential part of our incredible team.
- Work closely with the Studio Lead Designer to translate the vision for the experience into compelling VR gameplay, concentrating primarily on user control and UX.
- Collaborate effectively within a multiple disciplinary team.
- Frequently present exploration and discovery findings, conceptualise game design ideas, playable iterations, experiments and refinements to the team and leads.
- Improve the overall interactive experience using data and insights from user tests to ensure the VR experience is intuitive and compelling and maintains a high level of quality.
- Create, maintain and present thorough, clear design and wireframe documentation, for use as the design bible and roadmap throughout development.
- Work with internal and external teams to capture and address feedback from stakeholders.
What You Bring To The Role
- A minimum of 7 years' interactive game design or game UX/UI experience.
- At least one shipped VR title, or a playable demo of an unshipped title.
- Creatively owned at least a feature set of a game experience.
- Able to work creatively in a collaborative team environment.
- The ability to identify and design tools required by design.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills.
- Wireframing experience.
- Scripting experience.
- UX experience.
- AR experience.